Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Inability To Effectively Use Melee In Late Game Really One Issue?

Silver_Fox75

While yes you CAN use a melee weapon in what would be considered late-game content(I'll say lvl 45 and up), most can agree that by then guns will be far more efficient,a few special cases aside (Absurd charge damage of galatine, utility of kestrel knockdown, etc.) I've always thought that this was a simple issue, lack of multi shot. A core element of high damage builds for primary and secondary weapons is the addition of split chamber, hell's chamber, lethal torrent, etc to provide a literal double in damage output(save for rifles with less, and pistols with a high chance for more). So if a mod called say "Divided Blade" or something were added that gave melee weapons a percentage of multi shot, up to 100%, were put in the game would it be viable? Or just a dumb idea and i should return to my corner?

While yes you CAN use a melee weapon in what would be considered late-game content(I'll say lvl 45 and up), most can agree that by then guns will be far more efficient,a few special cases aside (Absurd charge damage of galatine, utility of kestrel knockdown, etc.) I've always thought that this was a simple issue, lack of multi shot. A core element of high damage builds for primary and secondary weapons is the addition of split chamber, hell's chamber, lethal torrent, etc to provide a literal double in damage output(save for rifles with less, and pistols with a high chance for more). So if a mod called say "Divided Blade" or something were added that gave melee weapons a percentage of multi shot, up to 100%, were put in the game would it be viable? Or just a dumb idea and i should return to my corner?

Galatine need NOT a silly "melee multishot". Using any another weapon in the Endgame is completely your own fault. 

It would help but ultimately the issue is a lot more than simply damage output. 
Melee weapons have short reach and very little utility. Especially now that slam attacks aren't slowing every enemy in reach while knocking them down. 
Melee is also slow, even if a multishotted Galatine can crank out dps comparable to gun... 
It still takes that time to charge and swing for what must now be ridiculous overkill to compensate for the wind up. 
Melee also needs movement, the ability to quickly go from target to target and close distances. 
Essentially to put in a list of everything melee needs
-More utility, increased procc chances in turn for being slower/short ranged. 
-More damage, guns got multishot and enemies are now toughened to deal with multishot at higher levels. 
-Increased movement, the ability to bring us into melee range without breaking up gameplay into travel and combat.  
-Engagement, mashing E or holding E does not engage us in melee. It does not make it enjoyable. 

Galatine need NOT a silly "melee multishot". Using any another weapon in the Endgame is completely your own fault. 

You do realize that that's a massive fault in gameplay, that there exists only one melee weapon that's viable in the endgame, right? XD