Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Activities to reduce timer on mirror defence

Sevenus.

this is already implemented in deep arcamedia mirror defence where you have a target that is hard to kill which on death will reduce the timer for the round.

thought it will be cool to add it on citrine's mission but instead have a lich/sister to fight like in the ascention game mode - collect beacons optionally to summon a lich/sister and on defeat reduce the round timer.

each mirror defence mission and future ones to have a sort of "elite/mini boss" to fight to reduce timer. optionally ofc.

I like the idea.

I question how a public group would decide on whether or not to trigger the option? 

The optional beacons in ascension are only optional in theory.  Every single run I've done the beacons are always collected. (Not that that's bad).  

Maybe have multiple different options, only one of which can be triggered per round?  Sister, Litch, Stalker etc, each with their own drops, or maybe a player gets brainwashed by the enemy and turns against the other players who can free or kill the player.   

16 minutes ago, (PSN)BAM-BAM-73 said:

I like the idea.

I question how a public group would decide on whether or not to trigger the option? 

The optional beacons in ascension are only optional in theory.  Every single run I've done the beacons are always collected. (Not that that's bad).  

Maybe have multiple different options, only one of which can be triggered per round?  Sister, Litch, Stalker etc, each with their own drops, or maybe a player gets brainwashed by the enemy and turns against the other players who can free or kill the player.   

thats interesting. but yeah similar to ascention i assume everyone will be collecting beacons to summon that boss, for example in deep archamedia you need to hack a console to summon the target mech to reduce timer if im not mistaken, i guess the optionality will change between factions/planets. i thought sister x lich will be awesome cz we fight both the grineer and corpus.

the easiest and first idea for how to trigger it was to collect beacons, perhaps either hidden or dropped by eximus units, maybe by killing since you dont really need to kill unless you cant crowd control the enemies.

19 minutes ago, (PSN)BAM-BAM-73 said:

I like the idea.

also thanks for taking your time to write your opinion ^^

i got a few more ideas ive posted recently but sadly no one commented.

• Like 1

Hey it's fun to theorise new features.

My grocery store has a charity budget.  Each customer is given a token at the till, and then by the exit there are various causes with a token collection box.  Funds are split accordingly. 

I can see something similar with say excavation power cores.  Do you lob them as normal onto the excavator, or perhaps instead use them to power a "summoning portal" for a side task?  Or even to divert from one mission type to another...