Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Combat/swordplay

(PSN)LaLiLuLeLo

I like this game overall, I'm new to it, playing the PS4 version. The shooting works fine, but the sword swinging is awful, sorry. The camera sits too close behind the character for it to work well and it's extremely disorienting. It makes swordplay a useless option when I'm playing, and I just stick to guns, which sucks because I love sword fighting games.  If you guys are reading this I'd really suggest taking a page or two out of Metal Gear Rising's book.  For starters, when you switch to sword, pull the camera out some so I can see what the hell I'm doing. Also, the character doesn't track, aim assist, or lock onto his target in any way when you're using your blade. Close range combat just gets confusing and disorienting. I miss constantly and just end up getting hit or shot, and when I do get kills or inflict damage I have no idea what I did right. 
The sword swinging animations look cool but it just isn't effective.
Does anyone else feel this way?

I think if you pulled the camera back and added some subtle form of target tracking it would make a world of difference. I don't know how doable that is at this point, but, I hope someone catches this. It's keeping the game from being as versatile and fun as it could be. The potential is clear as day.

I found it very clunky at first, too.  It's the little lunges forward that go along with it.  I'm pretty good at it now.  Can cut down hordes with melee after a little practice.  It comes down to not using your left joystick too much (movement) when engaging.  If you try to run around strafing and stuff you'll fail pretty hard, just run up and move your camera/reticle where you want to swing and go wild, let the little lunges do your movement for you once you're in range.  Charge attacks are even easier.  Try out a Gelatine, you won't regret it if you like charge attacks.  I use dual ethers as my spammers.

Edited by (PS4)phoenixfire82

They're also adding melee tracking in U11, if I'm not mistaken, so that'll make the melee...different? I don't know if it'll be an improvement, since I'm used to finding my own targets as opposed to meleeing the first thing in range, and this may mess up anyone who uses the Glaive, but it'll definitely change a few thigns, that's for bloody sure.