The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game keeps crashing since Jade Shadows update

Ncap480

I'm curious if others have been experiencing issues with the game crashing since the Jade Shadows update. My game has become unstable and crashes frequently ever since the update. I've tried various troubleshooting steps such as memory checks, updating graphics drivers, lowering graphics quality, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as well as verifying and optimizing it, but none of these solutions have worked. The game never used to crash before the update, so I'm wondering if this is still an issue specific to me or if others are also encountering similar problems with the game.
  • Like 3

I've had this problem too for a week now and can't seem to find a fix either. Next to doing the things you mentioned above, I tried running an "sfc /scannow" scan in command prompt to find any culprits there, but that didn't seem to resolve anything. I also get the crashes really frequently (nearly every attempt) in the new ascension mission type so maybe the issue has something to do with that specifically?

• Like 2

not the only one, had the game crash on me 6 times in a row, same page, faulty ram, overheating over clock, my computers temp were normal same with my card just got super annoying that i just gave up on getting back on ._. havent had any issues prior even ran a few missions then tried bounties with a group and kept getting t posing melee animation

• Like 1

I was troubleshooting this issue with a Region bud tonight. He had the same issue everyone here has: 

Warframe was crashing without warning. Didn't matter what mission, where he was, what he was doing. And ONLY Warframe was crashing.

Drivers were fully updated. Hard-drives was CHKDSK'd, Had 64gb of Ram. Fresh computer built in December of 2023. ("I just built this on december and upgraded the GPU in like may. im on a 4070ti Super, 12700k, 64gb ddr5.") He did a memtest86 and came back a day later with green across the board.  Cache Verification and Optimization had no effect on the bug. 

Several full uninstalls along with deleting the %appdata folders, reinstalling the game, and even reinstalling it on a different drive came back with the same issue. 

I went through the settings entirely with him; we couldn't find any issue. Turned off Volumetric Fog to see if Warframe had a weird RAM issue and just chugged resources to death but to no avail.

A fix that DID work was going into the Launcher Settings of Warframe and choosing the 'Let Windows Decide' option in regard to Power Settings.

He then completed an Earth Mission Node with no issues, followed by another Earth Node with a different tile set. He then joined me and we completed a Netracell mission with absolutely no issues. 

He had manually set his Power settings to "Max" in his NVIDIA Control Panel prior to Jade Shadows coming out. Warframe Launcher's GPU Preference was on 'High Performance'.  We believe that the two power options changing the parameters of power usage was causing the issue.

Hope this fixes the issue for others!

(I got chatlogs saved of our conversation as we tried to troubleshoot the issue if Staff wants them.)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Am 8.7.2024 um 11:10 schrieb Lasik:

I was troubleshooting this issue with a Region bud tonight. He had the same issue everyone here has: 

Warframe was crashing without warning. Didn't matter what mission, where he was, what he was doing. And ONLY Warframe was crashing.

Drivers were fully updated. Hard-drives was CHKDSK'd, Had 64gb of Ram. Fresh computer built in December of 2023. ("I just built this on december and upgraded the GPU in like may. im on a 4070ti Super, 12700k, 64gb ddr5.") He did a memtest86 and came back a day later with green across the board.  Cache Verification and Optimization had no effect on the bug. 

Several full uninstalls along with deleting the %appdata folders, reinstalling the game, and even reinstalling it on a different drive came back with the same issue. 

I went through the settings entirely with him; we couldn't find any issue. Turned off Volumetric Fog to see if Warframe had a weird RAM issue and just chugged resources to death but to no avail.

A fix that DID work was going into the Launcher Settings of Warframe and choosing the 'Let Windows Decide' option in regard to Power Settings.

He then completed an Earth Mission Node with no issues, followed by another Earth Node with a different tile set. He then joined me and we completed a Netracell mission with absolutely no issues. 

He had manually set his Power settings to "Max" in his NVIDIA Control Panel prior to Jade Shadows coming out. Warframe Launcher's GPU Preference was on 'High Performance'.  We believe that the two power options changing the parameters of power usage was causing the issue.

Hope this fixes the issue for others!

(I got chatlogs saved of our conversation as we tried to troubleshoot the issue if Staff wants them.)

I know it is an older post, but you saved my game, this actually works <3