Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this a bug? Not receiving ANY affinity/exp

Pvt_213

Question

Image here: https://imgur.com/Ovup0j7

Sorry about the link, but I'm at work and short on time to upload it somewhere else.

Anyway, last night I was having a blast, I got my first Kuva weapon, levelled it up to 31 and then suddenly I stopped receiving exp from missions. The issue actually started when I killed my Liche in the railjack mission. I got the mission complete screen, returned to dry docks, and then exited to my orbiter. There was no mail in my inbox and the weapon wasn't in my foundry.

Anyway, I ran the mission a second time, got my weapon and everything went back to normal. However, after I got my Kuva weapon to level 32, the issue started again. I'm not getting any exp from any missions outside of Railjack and possibly Archwing (not tested yet). I played numerous missions and got stacks of kills with my frame and weapons, but no exp. I tried restarting the game, the console (PS5) and waiting an hour to no avail

As shown in the link above, my gear doesn't even appear in the mission complete screen. When I check mission progress screen during a game, they don't show there either.

I'm going to test again when I get home, but I was wondering whether this was a known issue, or if someone else has encountered it?

Thanks

My

Edited by Pvt_213
accidentally posted while typing

3 answers to this question

Could be visual bug.

Also if you are capped at focus points / syndicate standings, and everything is maxed basicaly you wont see affinity gain since it does nothing for you, but this is what i think.

Also seeing you on ps platform, you guys been having it rough lately so would be no surprise its some platfrom based shnanigans again.

1 hour ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Could be visual bug.

Also if you are capped at focus points / syndicate standings, and everything is maxed basicaly you wont see affinity gain since it does nothing for you, but this is what i think.

Also seeing you on ps platform, you guys been having it rough lately so would be no surprise its some platfrom based shnanigans again.

Hopefully it's temporary. I know for certain my weapon wasn't maxed. I had done a 15 wave high level defence mission the previous game with the sole purpose of levelling my new Kuvar weapon (the only weapon I had equipped). I'm 800+ hours into the game and I can't see anything that would cause this *scratches head*

Edit: come to think of it, my Kuva weapon only had one Forma on it, is the level max restricted to 32 (or thereabouts) for Kuva weapons with only one forma?

Edited by Pvt_213
a detail

Sorry guys, I just realised Kuva weapons only increase by 2 levels for each Forma applied, and I only had 1 installed. I should mention I'm a returning player, and again, this is my first Kuva weapon lol. I'll do better next time. Thanks

Edited by Pvt_213