The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Concept- Fenix, the Firebird

Bananarabama

Fenix

Inspirations- phoenix, firebirds, fire.

Lore: Fenix is the master of the fiery skies of the Anger Spiral of Duviri. His healing flame washes over the lands of Duviri at the end of each Spiral to begin anew. 

Basics: Fenix is a health tank damage-dealer, with no shields, and health and armor somewhere in between Kullervo and Inaros. His major health regain, as there are no shields available to him, is from his abilities, mainly his three.

Passive: Upon death, Fenix becomes a flaming bird spirit that passes through enemies and has a 50% chance to apply Heat status to enemies. Heat statuses are absorbed by Fenix to revive himself.

[I really like the idea behind this passive. I like frames that have a way to revive after death, so it plays well into solo play, and it fits his theme as a phoenix and firebird. The amount of heat procs needed to revive him would need to be handled by people who know how to actually balance a kit.

1: Searing Talons- Fenix casts fiery talons in a cone in front of him. These talons have a 50% chance of applying either a Heat or Slash status proc.

[A very simple damage ability. I don’t know if having heat and slash on a ability is well balanced or not, but it plays into his other abilities well]

2: Fiery Molting- Fenix shakes out and shoots flaming feathers in a straight line in front of him. Enemies struck by the feathers get burned.

[This one I imagine being strictly status, though it applies multiple Heat procs, which allows temporary armor strip and such.]

3: Flaming Nest- Fenix summons a large area around him that takes all Heat status effects applied to enemies within the area and absorbs them. This prematurely ends the Heat status effect, but heals Fenix for every Heat proc absorbed.

[Yet again, I don’t know what values would be good for the healing per status absorbed, but I imagine it being like Kullervos overguard values, but for health and with no negative consequences. With the Heat procs instantly being absorbed, the armor strip is also canceled out, but can quickly be reapplied through abilities or weapons.]

4: Hellfire Haven- Fenix takes the skies upon fiery wings and uses Healing Hellfire to burn enemies and heal allies.

[Being a bird, I like the flying ability being available to Fenix. Healing Hellfire is a Exalted Flamethrower that has slightly higher stats than an Ignis Wraith, and has a special effect where allies in the flames gain health at a set rate, either the same or somewhat less than Trinity's Well of Life. He flies slower than Titania, similar to Jade and Hildryn's flying abilities.]

Design and Styling: I am no artist, so I will not even attempt to bring my idea into being. However, I do have an idea in mind. Take the basic design ideas of Kullervo, and make the twists and bends into flame ends, and have an orange, yellow, and red color scheme, along with a bird style head/helmet. Cosmetics could include an ephemera that are flaming wings, similar to Voruna’s ephemera.

A good concept with creative abilities, though its name seems a little lazy.

My main complaint is that the first and second abilities appear to be functionally the same thing, just a frontal attack, except one is a cone and does heat+slash while the other is a line and does pure heat. Feels more fitting for the second ability to be a combination between ember's third and xaku's fourth, as shedding the feathers would deal damage in a circular radius and cause Fenix to become more agile and gain a damage or attack speed buff.

Also the passive is a little OP, because turning into a spirit bird or whatever and passing through enemies to apply heat status just sounds like you would just need to walk in a circle to revive yourself.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the feedback! Tbh, these were ideas off the top of my head, so they all kind of blended together, and I'm also not very good at balancing a Warframe, be it abilities or stats. The second idea is an absolutely awesome idea that I hadn't considered before, so thanks for that. And yeah, that passive was OP. I wanted a revive passive like Sevagoth or Inaros, but I wasn't sure how to approach it. I liked the idea of a status stealing revive, but for applying them, I didn't want to do just a "go up to enemy and slap it in the face", so the idea of passing through enemies to apply it seemed fun. Maybe you have to interact somehow with the enemy to absorb the proc? The name was a work in progress, but I thought, "We have a Mag, the magnet Warframe, which is just three letters off from the object of the design, and we have Volt, the electricity Warframe named after the unit of electricity." I know frames beyond the frist batch are much more creative than them and this one, but I figured I could cheat a little.

Edited by Bananarabama