The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many Sisters do I need to vanquish to craft a hound?

SupremeMachine_V1

Question

The wiki doesn’t entirely clarify (or at least in the way I’m understanding it) how many Sisters are needed to create a single hound. Does vanquishing a Sister give me one part, and then I have to kill a bunch more and pray I don’t get the same type, or does vanquishing a Sister give me a full set so I can make a hound after just one? 

I’m just lost on this, so sorry if this question has already been answered.

4 answers to this question

Yes and yes.

Vanquishing give you the wep and can give you part for the hound or hound itself. Which can be claimed in foundry.

So if you keep killing you can get enough blueprints to make other hounds or if lucky enough get the different hounds on get go.

4 hours ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Vanquishing give you the wep and can give you part for the hound or hound itself.

So there’s a chance upon vanquishing them that I either get a part, or a fully assembled hound instead of one part? Or am I misunderstanding something?

3 hours ago, SupremeMachine_V1 said:

So there’s a chance upon vanquishing them that I either get a part, or a fully assembled hound instead of one part? Or am I misunderstanding something?

When vanquishing, you will  get both the sister's complete hound (with whatever random collection of parts it generated with) and 1 random blueprint for a hound part [1], which can be used if you decide you want to craft a hound with a specific combination of parts (once you have the right blueprints), since RNG may not generate the combination you're looking for.

[1] If you're doing the final confrontation in a squad, you get a hound blueprint for EACH sister vanquished, not just your own, so you can get blueprints quite quickly.