Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Violet Archon Shards don't appear to function properly with Arcane Battery

thenimas

This report concerns the archon shard effect "Gain +25% Melee Critical Damage. When max energy is over 500, the damage boost doubles."

Arcane Battery increases maximum energy in proportion to armor, depending on it's rank. The archon shard bonus appears to work as intended when the warframe is directly modded enough to have over 500 maximum energy, but conditional bonuses like Unairu Stone Skin or Melee Fortification, which can increase amor and thereby max energy, don't appear to apply the critical damage bonus when they push it over 500.

I tested this in the simulacrum and I couldn't get my melee weapon in the arsenal to display the critical damage bonus it was actually supposed to have without directly adding more armor to my frame, enough for it to display over 500 energy (in the arsenal). I tested this on enemies too and the damage output on my melee weapons appears to be the same even if I have melee fortification active pushing my maximum energy over 500. I first encountered this with Unairu Stone Skin, which adds armor to your warframe, though this isn't reflected in the arsenal stats screen, it applies in-mission.

• Like 2

I have tested it and it is true that Arcane Battery's effects doesn't give the double melee crit damage bonus from Violet Shards if the Warframe start off with less than 500 energy.

The funny thing is that if the Warframe has enough armor for Arcane Battery to raise its energy to 500 or more BEFORE GOING TO MISSIONS, the double crit damage bonus is effective. I think for Arcane Battery, we need more a detailed description on Violet Shard since it can affects a lot of builds without the players noticing

• Like 1