The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper mod ideas

KrasherK

My favourite weapon at the moment is the Komorex, and it has introduced me to some mechanics exclusive to snipers like the zoom bonuses and the sniper combo.
While the Komorex has unique zoom bonuses compared to other snipers that just get stat boosts, I am more interested in exploring the sniper combo mechanic.

As it stands its a pretty simple mechanic, you hit enough consecutive shots and you get a damage multiplier, but that's all it is.
I wish it was more interactive like melee combo, which is both consumed by power attacks to increase their power or interacts with mods like blood rush and weeping wounds to increase other stats.

I have thought about snipers with specific zoom bonuses that consume sniper combo for a power shot like melee weapons before but I feel like mods that interact with them would be a better first step as it applies to all snipers.
So here are a few basic ideas that I came up with:

-Every 50 sniper combo causes shots to spread status to 1 (scaling with combo) enemy within 15m.

-Grants 0.05 punch through for every sniper combo.

-Missing consumes 5 sniper combo and causes shots to ricochet to the nearest enemy.

-Body shots consume 5 sniper combo and causes shots to count as headshots.

I think mods like this that either gain bonuses based on sniper combo or consume sniper combo for some effect would be cool.
If you have any more ideas relating to this I would love to hear about them. :)

• Like 1

This is something that has been proposed many times before and still Snipers definitely needs that AOE component to be viable on most content. That or increase the content were they are the go-to weapons. And the later is very unlikely to happen.

Sniper combo mechanic is wasted and often overlook because is not very intuitive so giving Snipers this sort of Tennokai of their own would be a good solution without simply turn snipers on mindless AOE carpet bombing that everyone hate and fear.

To be fair and simple.

• -50% Zoom. Disable Scope damage multipliers. (Less single target damage)  
  • This shot spread all damage in up to 14m radius at x7 combo. (Range equal to combo x2)
  • Trigger conditions maybe every X amount of shots?
  • Maybe add Dmg fall off, bound to LoS.   
  • Like 1