The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Warframe Vids, Which One Is Better Quality?

4hm3d

Hi

I recently started a new gaming channel and I want to know which one of these 2 videos listed below is the best.

http://youtu.be/lwtjAs24rAA - Using Camtasia Studio 8

http://youtu.be/siR83d1BcP8 - Sony Vegas Pro 11

I want you to look at the video quality only please. Sorry for the motion blur on the first vid :/

Sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this kind of stuff

Even both played at max settings do not seem to reflect the listed quality. Something is clearly wrong with the way you encoded the video, for both programs.

True, I fixed some good settings for camtasia. Sony vegas takes too long to render

So if you know it has to do with your not using proper encoding to render the best possible video; what is the problem? There is a reason it takes awhile.

My friend, 2.5 hours for 13 minutes of 720p fraps material to render is just bull. What did I add? Just a fade out

My friend, 2.5 hours for 13 minutes of 720p fraps material to render is just bull. What did I add? Just a fade out

Depends on what you're using to record gameplay. If you're using FRAPs, those videos are going to be HUGE because FRAPS does not compress the files at all. Part of why it takes so long for Vegas to render your videos, if FRAPS is indeed what you're using, is that it's compressing the video at the same time. 

Back to the subject: The sound quality on the second video is far better imo. However, with the lighting, you'll need to set it to studio RGB before you render so that it stays bright enough to see everything with ease. Another problem I noticed in both videos is that the maximum quality they could be set at was 360p. You're really going to need to render them in 720p to truly be able to tell quality differences.