Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dagger Polarity?

skcuf

I was playing around with my fang and ether daggers and got to thinking about the polarity. It is the D looking polarity which has 2 mods that can be used there. These mods are Ice and status. These mods used to be ice and stun.

It's clear that with the old damage system the polarity was supposed to make the daggers viable with the ability to slow your enemy down and give them some more uses. However, now that the damage 2.0 system is out this polarity is garbage.

I haven't checked any other daggers but these two have a base status chance of 1%. One percent and yet you have a polarity slot for a status mod? Because this knocks out all worthiness of the status mod you are now left with the cold mod. This is okay because cold damage is useful for most things, and can be combined for other elements at a discount.

However, if you're using ether daggers you're probably only using them for infested. This means that a cold mod is fairly useless anyways because you're going to want to use fire. Why would you waste precious mod slots on a cold mod over fire?

Can something be done about the outdated polarities? Maybe give them a real status chance? Right now they're only viable with loki or ash. Not too much of an issue since my favorite frames are loki and ash...but I know I'll never be using these if I'm not using either of those two frames.