The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Chroma Rework

Okaazkul

Hi,

I'm just a regular random Chroma player. And like all Chroma's player I see that he need a rework because he is "weak". But a lot of time I see changes that is unnecessary or, in the worst case, nerf Chroma compare to the current iteration.
So I decided to take the challenge of making my own Chroma's rework and correct the current weakness of Chroma. Those weakness are :

• The 1 is only useful for switching element
  • The 4 is only useful for gaining more credits against Profit-Taker
  • The too much passive playstyle

Those idea proposed here aren't all from me. I have been inspired by some idea from previous people how try to make a Chroma rework. I hope you like it and thank for reading it and leaving a comment.

Passive (no change)

Spectral Blast (replace Spectral Scream)
25 energy

Hold down the ability key to make Chroma shoot a energy ball charged with unstable elemental energy than explode in contact.
Spectral blast deal 2000 basic elemental damage (heat, electric, toxic or cold. Damage value affected by strength and the Vex Armor Fury buff) in a 8m radius (affected by range)
(The element of the blast is in function of Chroma's energy color, or by changing in-mission by tapping this ability)
The blast also have a separated (see example) 100% status chance (affected by strength) for the element and have 300% for procing his combined elements

Example : Shooting the fire version of Spectral Blast at 100% strength will have 100% of inflicting a Heat status effect and 300% for a Blast, Radiation and/or Gaz effect.

Augment (Afterburn) :

An enemy hit by Spectral Blast will be marked for 10s. When a marked enemy dies, he explode in a blast that deal 2000 damage in a 8m radius

The explosion have the same caracteristic and is affected the same way than Spectral Blast, but it will not retrigger the augment
The mark duration is affected by duration.
The blast is of the same element than the blast than marked the enemy (even if you're not of that element when the enemy dies)
An enemy cannot have multiple mark at the same time

Elemental Ward (buffed + QoL)

Base range raised from 12m to 18m
Allies can be affected by multiple elemental ward
If an ally is affected by two or more Elemental Ward of the same element, only the strongest one will be apply (like Rhino's Roar)
Can be recast (will change the element of the ward to match Chroma current element)

Heat :
    Base Max Health bonus raised from 55% to 75%
    Killing an enemy affected by a Heat proc on an enemy will heal 60 Health (affected by power strength)
Electric :
    Base Max Shield bonus raised from 30% to 75%
    Killing an enemy affected by a Electric proc on an enemy will regen 60 shield (affected by power strength)
Toxic :
    Killing an enemy affected by a Toxin proc on an enemy will add 10% ammo to the magazine of the current unequiped weapon (affected by power strength)
Cold :
    Killing an enemy affected by a Cold proc on a enemy will remove 1 random status effect on you (affected by power strength)
        150% power strength -> remove 1 status, 50% chance to remove a second one

Helminth :
Base Max Health bonus (Heat version) reduce from 55% to 50%
Base Max Shield bonus (Electric version) raised from 30% to 50%
50% chance to give the buff when killing an enemy affected by an elemental proc

Augment (Everlasting Ward)
Base duration of Elemental Ward reduce by 20% (from 25s to 20s)
Retain the effect of both Elemental Ward and Vex Armor (for the duration of the Elemental Ward)

(The idea of gaining a buff when killing an enemy affected by a status come from @That1Bystander)

Vex Armor (No change)

Effigy (reworked)

The new Effigy is now a Exalted Sentinel that follow you with his own weapon (the current Spectral Scream), meaning Effigy and his breath attack become moddable.
The Roar apply a stun and a fixed 50% damage vulnerability to the Effigy primary element and the corresponding combine element (If the Effigy is Heat, it's a vulnerability to Heat, Blast, Gaz and Radiation damage)
The Effigy still have the Credit drop boost, the nerf to Chroma's base Armor and the bonus to movement speed
Base armor of the Effigy increased from 140 to 205
Health and Armor type changed to Tenno type
Effigy benefit from Chroma's Elemental Ward and Vex Armor
Energy drain reduced from 10 energy/sec to 5 energy/sec
When Effigy is destroyed, it will enter in a 60 sec cooldown before being able to be recasted. The cooldown can be reduced by 1 sec each time Chroma inflict an elemental proc of his current element

Augment (Guided Effigy)
When cast, launch the Effigy to a position and land in a elemental explosion. The Effigy share Chroma's Elemental Ward and Vex Armor when active.

When allies are in the modded range of Elemental Ward and Vex Armor to the Effigy, they will gain those buff.
Chroma's Elemental Ward and Vex Armor need to be active to have the Effigy share to nearby allies
Effigy's Elemental Ward is of the same element as the current Chroma's one
If Everlasting Ward is equiped, it is also apply to the Elemental Ward given by the Effigy
Recasting Effigy will re-launch the Effigy from his current position to the new one

Side changes :

Combat Discipline
Trigger the heal, then the damage to yourself when you kill an enemy
-> This change is to make you able to take damage from Combat Discipline even if there is multiple user of it in the squad