The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The golem Vulcan, heavy metal and volcano themed warframe! We cookin'!

DarkBlade2002

ABILITIES ARE ON THE POST BELOW!

Hello!  Recently I've had this concept in my head of a volcano/heavy metal themed warframe, a sort of child of Atlas, Octavia and Ember. It came up while playing Ember and, while I like her toolkit, I noticed that I desired more "punch" to her fiery abilities. Take Ragnaros from WoW, that's what I thought about when coming up with this golem warframe: a volcano themed warframe that uses magma to melt his foes. And, while I was thinking about a 4th ability, Eruption by Van Halen came to my mind. A heavy metal/hard rock warframe with FIRE?

gormiti-legends-personaggio-magmion-del-fuoco-.jpg

Golem_Smith.png

Screenshot of Serious Sam: The First Encounter (Windows, 2001) - MobyGames

His apperance would be a mixture of these three: a giant golem with rocks and stuff

I'll continue below for the abilities

Edited by DarkBlade2002

A golem like him would be centered around molten things, like rocks and metal. So I'll start from there, feel free to add your ideas!

Molten Metal (1st): Vulcan throws a rock that breaks and releases magma (corrosive + heat damage, DoT). Enemies affected get their armor melted and their armor "components" are absorbed by Vulcan as a form of damage buff, but not a simple +%. Basically every weapon (except melee) are coated with molten metal, every shot from now on coats enemies with this DoT that deals corrosive + heat. 

Hard Rock (2nd): Vulcan absorbs some kind of rubble (like Atlas) from enemies struck with melee. He basically turns components into rock that can be turnt in as overguard. Iron Skin but enhanced by melee attacks. Also, they deal more damage.

These two make you use both primary/secondary weapons and melee. I personally like using all my weapons equipped, instead of having to rely only on melee or gunfire.

I don't know about a 3rd, so I'll jump to the 4th for now: Exalted Shawzin and Chainsaw! (Ghoulsaw with a different stance). Let's call it...

Eruption (4th): Vulcan summons his Shawzin (that is also a chainsaw). With this weapon his primary and melee weapons are replaced , so this ability gives 2 weapons but they're either the same item or with a slight variation on the looks (like, in melee it's a shawzin with a chainsaw and primary fire is just the shawzin).

With the primary mode you play chords and solos (M1 are chords and M3 solos). The shawzin spits fiery pebbles (solo) and lava streams with chords (arca plasmor bullet but it's lava). Killed enemies increase the duration of the 1st ability and volcanoes are summoned in place of the dead enemy, releasing lava (same damage as molten metal, corrosive + heat).

With the melee mode you use your chainsaw to shred your enemies and increase the 2nd ability duration. Kill enemies coated with lava to solidify it and make it explode, dealing AoE blast damage.

That's all for now. I'll edit when I come up with something else! Enjoy!

EDIT: I came up with a third ability

Earthquake (3rd): breaks all your overguard to stun all enemies in your area of effect, dealing blast damage.

I need to think about a passive now, lol.

Edited by DarkBlade2002