The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Is Very Low D:

Zomboid115

I used to be able to run Warframe at around 35fps, and since update 11 it has dropped to an average of about 15-25 fps,

Although, I do have to say that my specs are terrible for a PC, ( Intel Pentium 4 (dual core) @ 3.6Ghz (not OC'ed) ATI Radeon x1650 and 2gb ram)and I have to play on minimum settings (I always did) and I have tried everything that has been suggested on other posts (cleaned registry, updated drivers, minimum settings, ect)The frames are still usually playable though (at random times I get spontaneous peaks up to 60fps for a few seconds, No idea as to why)  if you could suggest something different (nothing to do with defragging and multi core rendering) it would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Edited by Zomboid115

you kind of tried everything... it's the game that has a bad cpu optimisation, evolution engine aka unreal engine 2.5 probably wasan't made with 50 enemies on the screen in mind hence low performance

just googled and i found out that killing floor uses unreal engine 2.5 and it works pretty well with over nine thousand monsters on the screen, probably it is something else that eats the cpu alive

Edited by Hatr

you kind of tried everything... it's the game that has a bad cpu optimisation, evolution engine aka unreal engine 2.5 probably wasan't made with 50 enemies on the screen in mind hence low performance

So would this be fixed in an update soon?, And thanks for the explanation on the matter.

So would this be fixed in an update soon?, And thanks for the explanation on the matter.

i have no idea when or if it will be fixed, that depends on how they've written their game, if there's room to change some things then it is possible, otherwise... it would take too much time which isn't worth

i have no idea when or if it will be fixed, that depends on how they've written their game, if there's room to change some things then it is possible, otherwise... it would take too much time which isn't worth

Fair point. I guess my best option is to wait until i build myself a decent rig.

Edited by Zomboid115