Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

20+ Steel Path Augment ideas

FlyinC4T

Before I get started

• I know there's gonna be at least 1 disagreement with these, and if there are, I don't want to hear them.
  • I respect improved ideas, but the only thing I'm looking for from the community in this topic is more ideas, to not only introduce my own ideas, but let people pack in more augments for the entire idea.
  • For instance. These mods don't have to come from the syndicates, I'd love to have these mods presentable by Teshin for an absurd cost of steel essence. This is why I'm calling the topic Steel Path Augment ideas.
  • I've spent well over 6 hours on writing down this, and I'm certain that at least 1 of them will favor a set amount of people.
  • I don't work for DE, and that's primarily the reason I'm posting this, so that I can still contribute to the game, without necessarily being apart of the game.
  • Most of these augment ideas probably sound outrageous to some, and weak to others, while on the other hand, if the developers think one is unnecessarily overpowered, there's room for degrading the idea, or improving it, I'm not reliable for the augments themselves, I'm only coming up with ideas.
  • I'm not looking for credits, but if content creators are backing me up, I don't want to be left out in vouching for my own ideas. I want these augments!

Note
Numbers that should be affected by ability mods, are formatted in Bold Text, for convenience. Further noting is applied if abilities shouldn't be affected by a certain stat. (This means +200% with 150% Ability Strength turns into +300%.)
Colors represent how these ideas should go with other mods.

• 🟣= Replace the entire ability.
  • 🔴= Replace old augment(s).
  • 🟡= Keep old augment(s).
  • 🟢= Keep and Allow with old augment(s).
  • 🔵= Exilus Mod.

Now, onto the ideas.

Ivara
🔴Quiver Augment: Cloak seeks nearest uncloaked allies, Noise and Dashwire are fired instantly and Sleep is split into 3 homing arrows with halved range. -20% Ability Efficiency.
🟡🔵Prowl Augment: Ivara can move freely and doesn't get uncloaked by loud actions. Disables steal and headshot multiplier. +15% Movement speed.
🟡Artemis Bow Augment: Artemis Bow is fired on cast. Arrows seek out enemy heads with a final headshot multiplier of 1.5x. Giving the ability a cooldown of 4 seconds.

Valkyr
🟡Rip Line Augment: Disables the grappling effect and pulls in enemies, stunning them for 2.5 seconds. (Like Mag's Pull.)
🟢Warcry Augment: Turns the Speed increase into a 20% universal speed multiplier. This disables enemy slowness and is further halved while Hysteria is channeled.
🟡Paralysis Augment: Replaces the damage output for a 50% Armor strip. Range is doubled while Hysteria is channeled. (Not affected by Strength)
🟡Hysteria Augment: Talons get +0.5 range based on Ability Range, and Valkyr gets 15% damage reduction per enemy in the torrent field with a limit of 95%.

Titania
🔴Tribute Augment: Titania will cast Thorns and Entangle, removing Dust and Full Moon, taking effects from ability mods and increasing its cost by 3x. +25% Ability Range.
🟢Lantern Augment: Lantern slows enemies by 20% instead of attracting their attention. Disables Lantern's damage and stun. +25% Ability Range.
🟡Razorwing Augment: Titania's Diwata has +50% Attack Range and her Dex Pixia are explosive with halved damage. (Not scaling with Ability Range.)

Chroma
🟡Spectral Scream Augment: Replaces the elements with the Tau element. Status chance is diminished to 30%, altering Chroma's entire set of abilities.
  - Scream will pulse Tau at a rate of 0.5 seconds, with a 30% status chance.
  - Ward lets players wield Tau at 5% status chance with a status damage increase of +25%.
  - Effigy will apply random status effects.
🟡Effigy Augment: Chroma takes the effect of the sentry, keeping his pelt on and replaces its effects with 40% enemy armor reduction per pulse. Pulse rate is halved if Chroma is moving. (Given a pulse is every 5 seconds.)
🟢🔵Passive Augment: Chroma loses his additional jump. +30% Sprint Speed.

Equinox
🟡Metamorphosis Augment: Replaces Day and Night-form's bonuses. Day-form: +15% Casting Speed and Final Critical Damage. Night-form: +30% Shield Recharge and Armor. Allies within affinity range get 50% of these bonuses. Metamorphosis energy cost is doubled. Disables morphing.
🟡Mend & Maim Augment: Hold to recast the ability at 50% of its effect, and restores 15% of its accumulation. Drains 2x more energy.

Other

• Limbo -🟡Stasis Augment: Stasis gets a range of 15m. Enemies in its range are slowed down by 20% and is doubled for rift-bound enemies. Bullets and projectiles from inside the Stasis range can hit with rift-bound enemies and allies at halved damage.
    • Rift-bound projectiles shot from inside Limbo's Cataclysm are 50% slower with 50% less damage when they pass through the rift pocket.
  • Volt -🟡Electric Shield Augment: Volt's Shield turns into a 4m sphere that increases shield recharge by +30% and regenerates 8 energy per second for allies inside. Shield can't be picked up and doesn't block projectiles. Only 1 can be placed.
  • Mag -🟢Polarize Augment: Recast to finish the pulse. -5% damage multiplier per second skipped. Disables Polarized Shards. +60% Ability Strength for Polarize.
  • Wisp -🟣Sol Gate Augment: Speeds up the charged Sol Gate by +30%. Sol Gate doesn't get the charged damage bonus. (Drains more energy with more Ability Strength.)
  • Vauban -🟡Minelayer Augment: Flechette Orb is thrown 4 times at once and roll along with Vauban at 50% speed. Energy cost is increased by 3x. Disables Vector Pad, Tether Coil and Overdrive. +25% Sprint Speed.
  • Zephyr -🟡Tail Wind Augment: Zephyr shoots forward a 6m dense wind current instead of dashing. Scales based on enemy level and Ability Strength. Hovering increases Airburst's Ability Range by +50% and disables its damage.
  • Garuda - 🟡Blood Altar Augment: When ally health is above 70% of their max health, Blood Altar will provide them with overguard equal to 50% of their current health every second. This is limited to 6x of Garuda's max health from when the mission started.
    • A build with 300% Strength and 1000 health limits this to 3x1000x6 (18000) overguard. Healing at 3x50% (150%) x Ally Health, allies that have 600 health would receive 900 overguard a second.
  • Oberon -🔴/🟢Smite Augment: Smite will stay on an enemy and recast itself 3 more times and takes effect of Casting Speed. Damage instead scales off of radiation stacks rather than the enemy's level. Oberon has an increased +5 radiation limit. (with a final limit of 30 from Ability Strength)
      - Multiple Oberons still set this limit to 30. (A squad with 100% Ability Strength would reach the 30 limit respectively.)

Lastly, I'd like to talk about a frame people are starting to use because of their recent rework...
Nova. Nova in terms of her name, sounds to me like the most deadly DPS in the entire game, but not really when I play her. She's nothing like an actual supernova, that's all I wanted to point out about her. Personally, I'd want to make molecular prime have a lingering blast damage multiplier or something like it, to suit the "expanding heat" experience.

All in all, I really appreciate this game for listening to its community, and if they don't... I'll go for a DE career.
Thanks for reading. I'll be monitoring the post overtime, let me know what you think about them!