Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afraid to refriend players on new account.

samuisamu

Question

So years ago I started an account on PC and played it until MR14. Then my friends moved on to other games and I played by myself for awhile. I convinced a friend at work to install the game but he could only play on a Switch. So when they allowed account cloning to the Switch I did that. Well some of my PC friends started playing again but refused to play on Switch. So there was this awful time where I was grinding on both the Switch and PC separately because I was playing with different friends on different consoles. I ended up getting a discount on PC so bought about 1000 plat. Well my PC friends were starting to move on yet again and as you can imagine I was getting pretty burnt out from all the grinding on two platforms. As my Switch friend was still active I essentially abandoned the PC account for the Switch one. Well over time me and the Switch friend had a falling out and I took a pretty long break from the game.

Now this was pre-covid so cross-play was something DE said they were looking into but was years away and cross-save was being called likely not possible. Over the years I thought about getting back in but wasn’t sure which account to pick back up because I had a lot of progress in both. Years go by, rumors about account merging come out. I start to think that maybe this is what I need to get back in the game, that this will fix my multiple account problem. More details come out and we learned that any accounts previously used for cloning are not eligible. Well I was pretty pissed and told myself that was the last straw and that DE just didn’t want me to play the game since they were ok ostracizing all the players that cloned accounts on to other platforms and that my 1000 plat on my PC account was just lost.

I moved on and took a small break from video games in general. Then the power of YouTube’s algorithm started suggesting a former Destiny player’s experience as a new Warframe player and I shouldn’t have watched but I did and got hooked and caught up in the universe again. So I looked into linking my PC account to my Switch account but learned that my PC account would be deleted with the 1000 plat if I made the Switch account my primary which I would because it had way more progress, warframes, etc. So I scrapped that idea and instead decided to make a new PC account and link that instead to my Switch account so that I could play that account on PC with better resolution and frame rate and just pretend that my original PC account didn’t exist.

I’ve been having a pretty good time getting back into the game this last week when I had certain realization that I should just use the plat on my old PC account to buy slots on my new one. I mean it was my plat that I spent with my money anyway, right? And then I realized I had prime parts I could trade as well. I started looking to see if this was possible and found out this is against DE’s TOS and a very bannable offense that will get all accounts banned. Then I started reading about how DE has this view that alt accounts should not touch in any way, as in you can’t be in the same clans, and even shouldn’t have friends that overlap and that trading with a friend that is friends with both accounts could get us both banned even if I have no intention of using that friend as a middleman for trading between accounts.

I was thinking of asking my old PC friends to join me again but if it is going to result in us all getting banned I’d rather not. Of course I would want to do trades with them because that is what you do with friends, farm and trade.  Would I have to have them all unfriend my old account? Is that still not enough? Honestly, if I can’t play with my friends this really is the final FINAL straw with this game. 

Edited by samuisamu

1 answer to this question

35 minutes ago, samuisamu said:

I was thinking of asking my old PC friends to join me again but if it is going to result in us all getting banned I’d rather not. Of course I would want to do trades with them because that is what you do with friends, farm and trade.  Would I have to have them all unfriend my old account? Is that still not enough? Honestly, if I can’t play with my friends this really is the final FINAL straw with this game. 

I havent really read all of this thread, but to this question youre asking, the answer is "you can do whatever you want as long as youre not trading yourself and/or making your friends trade yourself indirectly". So you are completely OK as long as you only interact with your friends from only one account. As soon as you start giving items from one of your accounts to your friends and then the friends give that item to your new account, you will be banned as youre breaking the "no self-interaction" rule. Of course you can self-interact in cases like clan dojos (invite yourself there, transfer ownership and then kick yourself) in order to save your dojo from getting destroyed, but thats a very specific scenario and its already on the edge.

Edited by MaxTunnerX