Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critical Delay

TenkoTenko

8% benefit to a 6% penalty?

Yeah yeah yeah I know Vectis, Flux Rifle etc But a 48% benefit at max rank really seems kinda lame, especially when you're losing fire rate at the same time(and a pretty large chunk of it at that). Yeah yeah I know it stacks with Point Strike and all, but you'd probably expect a Corrupted mod to actually be powerful or something.

A. You more-less pushed over your argument by yourself.

B. The fire rate can be easily equaled out with Speed Trigger or Shred.

C. Critical Delay with Point Strike pushes Soma (last I remember) to 100% crit chance.

...why am I even here.

A. You more-less pushed over your argument by yourself.

B. The fire rate can be easily equaled out with Speed Trigger or Shred.

C. Critical Delay with Point Strike pushes Soma (last I remember) to 100% crit chance.

How about the fact that Critical Delay also occupies a mod slot, but offers a pretty low benefit?  And no, Soma's critical chance with Critical Delay was 89% iirc.

...why am I even here.

idk

Yeah yeah yeah I know Vectis, Flux Rifle etc But a 48% benefit at max rank really seems kinda lame, especially when you're losing fire rate at the same time(and a pretty large chunk of it at that). Yeah yeah I know it stacks with Point Strike and all, but you'd probably expect a Corrupted mod to actually be powerful or something.

Totally agree with you. Useless mod now. I do not understand those who spend a slot on it.

Edited by KuroiTamashii

Totally agree with you. Useless mod now. I do not understand those who spend a slot on it.

If you don't understand something it doesn't mean it's wrong. I use CD on Soma for double advantage - 90% crit and less fire rate, which gives me better control over ammo and allows single precision shots. You need DPS? There are secondaries for that.

If you don't understand something it doesn't mean it's wrong. I use CD on Soma for double advantage - 90% crit and less fire rate, which gives me better control over ammo and allows single precision shots. You need DPS? There are secondaries for that.

Maybe something wrong with you. I don't have any problems with making headshots, my accuracy is high even without CD, I'm completely satisfied with the amount of crits. Maybe you have 9 slots? If you have problem with ammo - put riffle mutation mod.

The main message of the topic, that +48% crit chance is really low. Soma is good even without this mod, but other weapons don't receive so much profit from this.

Edited by KuroiTamashii

Maybe something wrong with you. I don't have any problems with making headshots, my accuracy is high even without CD, I'm completely satisfied with the amount of crits. Maybe you have 9 slots? If you have problem with ammo - put riffle mutation mod.

Why would i put rifle mutation if i can get EVEN MORE damage out of each one bullet? Think again, what's better =)

Edit: Can you use unspinned-up Soma to kill 3-4 enemies(a bullet for each one) without unpressing LMB and witout wasting even a bullet? I can, lower FR allows such tricks ;P

Edited by SpFinX

Why would i put rifle mutation if i can get EVEN MORE damage out of each one bullet? Think again, what's better =)

But it's not my words, that you have problems with ammo. If you want damage - put something more usefull. Soma already have 75% chance - and that's enough. Again - maybe you have 9 slots?

But it's not my words, that you have problems with ammo. If you want damage - put something more usefull. Soma already have 75% chance - and that's enough. Again - maybe you have 9 slots?

Man, i LIKE to have 90% chance. Period. I don't like to press a button, see a non-crit damage not killing the subject and basing on the way i shoot(in cause of lags),i'll have to get back to the same target later. That's annoying. 90% crit makes it less annoying.

And again, i take less fire rate as advantage. I just don't understand you.

Edited by SpFinX

Man, i LIKE to have 90% chance. Period. I don't like to press a button, see a non-crit damage not killing the subject and basing on the way i shoot(in cause of lags),i'll have to get back to the same target later. That's annoying. 90% crit makes it less annoying.

And again, i take less fire rate as advantage. I just don't understand you.

Please, learn to read. Please. I don't say anything about firerate. Forget about your soma. I can't understand you and others, who think, that if they put +48% critical chance, they will get a lot of benefit. But if this mod will give something like +100-150% - it's will be really nice for something like latron, latron prime, grakata, even flux rifle with 5% chance.

It's pretty good on the Grakata IME. I actually find the decrease in fire rate beneficial so I get more controlled bursts and not waste so much ammo.

This is it. It's not a mod for every weapon, and not mod for every player.

Please, learn to read. Please. I don't say anything about firerate. Forget about your soma. I can't understand you and others, who think, that if they put +48% critical chance, they will get a lot of benefit. But if this mod will give something like +100-150% - it's will be really nice for something like latron, latron prime, grakata, even flux rifle with 5% chance.

Don't use it if you don't like it. Why aren't you complaining about heavy landing being useless for most frames? It's a mod to max _damage_ output, not DPS. And it offers better ammo management, as bonus.

If you aren't into minmaxing, just leave it alone.

This is it. It's not a mod for every weapon, and not mod for every player.

Don't use it if you don't like it. Why aren't you complaining about heavy landing being useless for most frames? It's a mod to max _damage_ output, not DPS. And it offers better ammo management, as bonus.

If you aren't into minmaxing, just leave it alone.

I feel like talking to a wall. Topic not about -firerate (if you like this - it's your choice). It's about +48% for crit chance and it's really pathetic for corrupted mod. It's not worth to take a slot.

Offtop about soma: just made test run with 75% soma vs grineer. ~10 shots in a row were crits, 1 shot not, ~10 crits, 1-2 not, ~10 crits, 1 not. Your words "EVEN MORE damage" about this mod and the fact that you need more crit chance make me laugh. For players who cares about "EVEN MORE damage out of each one bullet" there is no slot for this mod on soma. If you need "single precision shots" go train your aim, because soma is perfect even without this -firerate.

Edited by KuroiTamashii

I feel like talking to a wall. Topic not about -firerate (if you like this - it's your choice). It's about +48% for crit chance and it's really pathetic for corrupted mod. It's not worth to take a slot.

Offtop about soma: just made test run with 75% soma vs grineer. ~10 shots in a row were crits, 1 shot not, ~10 crits, 1-2 not, ~10 crits, 1 not. Your words "EVEN MORE damage" about this mod and the fact that you need more crit chance make me laugh. For players who cares about "EVEN MORE damage out of each one bullet" there is no slot for this mod on soma. If you need "single precision shots" go train your aim, because soma is perfect even without this -firerate.

Now i'll go, throw a coin 10 times eagle in a row and call all mathematicians dumbass because their chance theory is wrong.

That's your logic.

Non-crit shot from soma is 8,8 times weaker than crit shot (Vital sense+Hammershot). This is where 75% or 90% crit chance start to make sense.

Shooting enemy with 300-500 ping means that i already moved crosshairs to next target. Or, probably 2nd next one. And i sent a bullet into each of them. It's a difference between 10% of them left alive or 25% - and damn i like it when it's 10% way more.

I appraise consistent damage, that's it.

About Corrupted Mods - it was stated already that they aren't _superior_, they are for minmaxing certain parameter. So... it's worth it's slot for those, who like it. Don't like it? Don't use it. Just understand that it's a _paired_ mod. It's CCM (crit chance multiplier) is limited not by it's own value, but by a sum of Point Strike and it (roughly 200%). That's max CCM any rifle can reach. You can ask to nerf Point strike and buff this mod simultaneously, so it'll become more viable, but asking to buff it alone is insane, cause it'll ruin all hi-end math that was calculated by DE.

Now i'll go, throw a coin 10 times eagle in a row and call all mathematicians dumbass because their chance theory is wrong.

That's your logic.

Non-crit shot from soma is 8,8 times weaker than crit shot (Vital sense+Hammershot). This is where 75% or 90% crit chance start to make sense.

Shooting enemy with 300-500 ping means that i already moved crosshairs to next target. Or, probably 2nd next one. And i sent a bullet into each of them. It's a difference between 10% of them left alive or 25% - and damn i like it when it's 10% way more.

I appraise consistent damage, that's it.

*facepalm* Okey, find warframe dps calculator, put soma build, in last slot put any elemental damage, remember damage, not put 23-24 rate of fire and CD. And you will see, that CD is useless mod. No one cares about your lags, if you can't put better ping options. And start play vs high level mobs, which don't die from 1 shot in body (if you shoot not in body (in weak spots) then you should not cry about crits). Consistent damage with 90% chance vs 75% - in practice, it's only autosuggestion.

*facepalm* Okey, find warframe dps calculator, put soma build, in last slot put any elemental damage, remember damage, not put 23-24 rate of fire and CD. And you will see, that CD is useless mod. No one cares about your lags, if you can't put better ping options. And start play vs high level mobs, which don't die from 1 shot in body (if you shoot not in body (in weak spots) then you should not cry about crits). Consistent damage with 90% chance vs 75% - in practice, it's only autosuggestion.

Yet again, you are as blind as you stated me. I'm not using CD in my max DPS build. I'm using CD in max-consistent-damage build, when Soma can one-weakpoint-crit any non-heavy up to lvl 65(probably bug, crit to body is way weaker).

As for ping - DE don't have dedicated server, so actually no one cares if you managed to find a group of people that live near you so you can have normal ping. Most players play with people all around the world with respectively high ping. And shooting in such situation is different from shooting in solo. Instead of facing the problem and learning to play you say that it's not your problem.

And learn to play against _high_ level mobs, when you need to have both damage and ammo effectiveness. Your DPS are equal to zero when you don't have ammo, and nearest ammo on the ground is too far away from Snow globe... and you cannot just walk out of it because it pure death. New team ammo regenerators aren't THAT effective to support a pure DPS Soma. It eats bullets like no tomorrow, leaving you with secondary... although if you secondary is in DPS build as well, your last option is glaive XD

Edited by SpFinX

and there is that pistol mod that at rank 5 gives you 38% damage and like 20%- accuracy, 38 damage? will someone notice that? ever?