Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Tigris

Qaus

In order of what I think is most important to least:

Spread/Pellet Count:

The cone of fire is much too tight for what I was expecting from a double barrel shotgun. It's basically a Tenno coach gun. And more pellets to make up for the higher spread would also probably be a good idea too.

Reload Speed:

I find it odd that reloading 1 shell takes as much time as reloading 2 shells. Unlike magazine fed weapons, you're inserting 2 individual shotgun shells.

Reloading 1 shell shouldn't suffer the whole reload time of 2 shells. Maybe 75% or 66% of the full time would feel a bit better. I have a feeling people would like this odd situational benefit, and it would definitely set it even further apart from all the other shotguns.

Damage:

Perfectly fine, although the drop-off seems a bit harsh. I'm unsure if it's as harsh as other shotguns, but it definitely feels like I'm not doing any meaningful damage to enemies 10m away. (Intentional?)

Damage:

Perfectly fine, although the drop-off seems a bit harsh. I'm unsure if it's as harsh as other shotguns, but it definitely feels like I'm not doing any meaningful damage to enemies 10m away. (Intentional?)

Just walk up and smash them in the face with those pellets. But the damage drop-off is pretty hard on other shotguns too (from what little I know about shotguns anyway)

In order of what I think is most important to least:

Spread/Pellet Count:

The cone of fire is much too tight for what I was expecting from a double barrel shotgun. It's basically a Tenno coach gun. And more pellets to make up for the higher spread would also probably be a good idea too.

Reload Speed:

I find it odd that reloading 1 shell takes as much time as reloading 2 shells. Unlike magazine fed weapons, you're inserting 2 individual shotgun shells.

Reloading 1 shell shouldn't suffer the whole reload time of 2 shells. Maybe 75% or 66% of the full time would feel a bit better. I have a feeling people would like this odd situational benefit, and it would definitely set it even further apart from all the other shotguns.

Damage:

The Tigris is one of those many weapons that are just "fun" to use, but otherwise useless in higher levels.

As it stand, without forma, you can 4 shot(since its a double barrrel) a level 40 ancient if modded correctly. 

I don't disagree with you suggestions, but DE already has their hands full balancing the multitude of weapons even before this update.

I don't disagree with you suggestions, but DE already has their hands full balancing the multitude of weapons even before this update.

Yeah I understand that, but I didn't see anyone else mention or suggest these things so I felt like I should be the guy to do it. It's kind of a "If you guys (DE) have free time, test this out and see if if 'feels' better!" type of thing.

It definitely is more a use for fun sorta of weapon at the moment. A slight increase in pellet count and spread would give it the "ol' double barrel" feel people are going for. However, if they did that I would hope for a further fall off of damage at range. All in all right now I'm enjoying it modded for a 4 shot magazine and punch through (get Vicious Spread/Hell's Chamber on that puppy too if you can).