The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Use Orokin Catalyst

Jabbzz

Question

So on what weapon should I use my Catalyst?

Contestants are Gorgon, Boltor, and Hek (will get it next week)

In my opinion I personally think Boltor because it's pretty strong, long range, and has armor ignore, but has low fire rate which is covered by my mods.

Gorgon is just, meh, for bosses. I think..it has also low fire rate and accuracy..but just give your opinions..

While Hek is the STRONGEST weapon in the game yet, it might have the capability to rule unupgraded.

Opinions? Thanks!

Edited by Jabbzz

5 answers to this question

I prefer Boltor. Catalyst add +3 reload +2 rate +2 damage +1 clip upgrades and +2 mod slots to it, so you have 117 total clip capacity, nice rate of fire and diversity in the choice of mods. Its power enough to kill almost all enemies even on endgame stages like Pluto, but you need some ammo boxes to deal with some bosses (grineer mostly).

I really don't like the Boltor. The DPS is fine and the whole pinning enemys to walls is kind of funny but I'm always running low on ammo with this gun, even in non boss missions.

The Gorgon has a little accuracy problem on very large distances but it is manageable with select fire and I can 2-3 shot lvl 45 Corpus.

The Hek is hands down the best weapon in the game especialy if you have some multishot mods for it (allthough this is true for every weapon).

tl;dr: I would use it on the Hek.

Boltor isn't worth it. (to me)

Later on, it won't compete with HEK for the ONLY thing it is good for, which is mob clearing. (until update7)

Gorgon is worth the add because it is still the most efficient heavy-boss weapon. (Can't imagine beating Lech Kril better with anything else)

It's wrong to say that it can't sweep mobs faster than Boltor, too, given enough damage increment.