The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Class Suggestion: Support From The Shadows

R34LM

This is a little idea that I have had for a little while and I wanted to pitch it out there to see what people thought. Currently, I imagine the Warframe's element as darkness and shadow, in which the frame could create and control shadows and use them for various things. The element isn't set in stone, since Nekros is kind of a darkness frame, but I will use it to explain the abilities. The name I will be using is Void.

What I'd like to see is another support frame, like Trinity. The difference would be that while Trinity would focus on health and energy regeneration, Void would support the team in a more utilitarian way. One might consider this to be a mix between Trinity and Vauban.

Void would have pretty average stats, with the exception of a little more health, similar to Ash. Here is the list of abilities to show what Void would be able to do to support the team.

1. Spear - Void throws a single spear that focuses on puncture and impact damage. This would be used to lower the defenses of enemies with high armor or shields. This can come in handy for heavier targets and bosses. Damage mods would affect this ability.

2. Greed - Void summons shadowy tentacles that collect loot. This would be like Vortex, only it doesn't suck in enemies. This helps to get all the loot in one spot. Ability range mods would affect how far the tentacles reach to collect loot.

3. Dark Grasp - Void summons the shadows to reach and grab enemies in range, effectively stunning them for a time. This would be similar Vauban's Bastille, only there is no limit to how many enemies it can hold. Unlike Bastille, though, enemies that enter the range after the ability is cast will not be affected. Duration mods would affect the stun and range mods would affect the distance of the effect.

4. Living Darkness - Void uses the shadows to temporarily turn his teammates in range into dark ghosts, where bullets and lasers would pass right through them. You can see why this as an ultimate. This is much like Trinity's Blessing, but it acts as a temporary Iron Skin for the team. Since it makes players "ghosts", bullets, lasers, and even a disruptor's claw would go right through them. Duration mods would affect the length of being a ghost and range mods would affect how far the ability and reach for players.

As you can see, my focus is on a wide variety of utility support, ranging from collecting loot to making enemies easy targets.

Now I don't expect this to be in the next update, and I'm sure more Warframe class ideas are out there. Some also may say that I only have taken old abilities and twisted them around to make new ones; I will admit this is kind of true. But hey, there is no problem in sharing one's ideas.