Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Elemental Resistance Mods And Damage 2.0

QuestComm

Question

Right now there are ten kinds of elemental damage floating around (for those who don't know, they are Fire, Electric, Frost/Cold, Toxic, Blast, Radiation, Gas, Magnetic, Viral, and Corrosive), but elemental resistance mods only cover Fire, Electric, Frost/Cold, and Toxic.

What if I want to get some elemental resistance to Blast damage, for example? Can I equip Fire resistance and Cold resistance to give myself Blast resistance, or is there no way to mod in elemental resistances to advanced elemental damage?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

EDIT: This is not about the viability of elemental resistance mods compared to other defensive mods. I already know that they are useless almost all of the time. All I want to know is whether the potential is there to mod against advanced elemental damage.

Edited by QuestComm

5 answers to this question

Are bombards that scary?

Anyways since I think resistances work the same way as armor(They don't apply to shields) It would be better just to invest in a steel fiber if you want to get tankier. The resistance mods have really low values and are not worth the cost. 

I know that elemental resistance mods are practically useless, but I'm talking theory here.

Let me reword my question. Is there a way for someone to mod against Blast, Magnetic, Viral, Corrosive, Gas, or Radiation damage using existing elemental resistance mods?

I know that elemental resistance mods are practically useless, but I'm talking theory here.

Let me reword my question. Is there a way for someone to mod against Blast, Magnetic, Viral, Corrosive, Gas, or Radiation damage using existing elemental resistance mods?

Nope. There's no reason to at this point because only bombards have an elemental combo as far as I know.