Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug Report: Pistols

J-Pax

At close range - like <2m - pistols miss every shot.

I think this is due to the arm being fully extended and pointing past the target despite the reticule being on their head.

Rather than seeing "Why use a pistol point blank when you have melee" please don't. This is a bug report, not a "what can I use other than a pistol in that situation" thread.

However, if I could get people to confirm this I'd be greatful. It may just be me.

It was only really apparent on Grineer which are taller, but also seemed to happen on MOA's.

Edit: Posted in wrong section, didn't see the beta bugs forum. Could this get moved by a mod please?

Edited by J-Pax

No, happens with many ranged weapons, especially pistols. Happens to me too.

Longer rifles do it as well. Just a question of the barrel of the gun being further out than the enemy, and the bullet "starting" past them.

Happens to most of my guns as well, especially when I tried to do a melee/HEK combo.

I just thought it was a game mechanic, i.e. minimum range from which the bullet leaves the gun.

Technically is a game mechanic, but thematically a space ninja that can't aim a gun at a target less than a meter in front of them?

EDIT: I just realised the ridiculosity level of my previous statement. It still stands though :P

Edited by J-Pax

It would be nice if the animators could work one making you shift your firing stance so that you can hit your target at close range, it's quite frustrating when your bullets don't hit what you're aiming at close range, or when the bullets hit the cover your standing next to instead of the target down range.

A simpler solllution used by most FPS games is to make the bullets spawn out of the character's head instead of the weapon barrels, assuming the game doesn't do this allready.