Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Shouldn't Have Trace Amounts Of All Damages.

Naqel

As per the title.

-Reason A: Even a single point of damage in a given type is valid grounds for triggering it's status effect.

-Reason B: The reason it was done in the first place dose not exist, since there is no damage type that with a 0% modifier of damage to certain targets. there is no need for a weapon to have all the damage types to be able to deal damage to all enemies.

-Solution A: Weapons now deal a single damage type. A secondary damage type is permited only if it has a good reason to be there and a reduced effect chance is applied to compensate.

-Solution B: Physical damage types lose their status effects, and the elemental ones are re-arranged(Slash at the least can be harmlessly removed with 2 other DoT's already existing).

Edited by Naqel

I don't think there's anything wrong with the current system. Besides, if you only have one damage type, new players would have to buy all new weapons just to get past Mercury.

Then there's the "Swiss Army" weapons. Braton, Burston, Grakata and Hind, just to name a few; they aren't especially good at anything, but they remain useful against any faction when modded properly.

Iunno, considering the grineer use Puncture weapons, I find myself getting Slash procced CONSTANTLY and almost never Puncture procced, I'm not sure that whole 'Magnitude help determines Procs' thing is true.

As I said it easy enough to test yourself. All you need is two of the same Elemental mod: one unranked and one maxed.

Equip the unranked one and check proc rate of the added Element.

-then-

Equip the maxed one and check the proc rate of the added Element.

It is quite possible that mob use their own proc rules/rates as well.

It could also be that... I wanna say... 'Gamblers Folly' or whatever? Where you only notice oddities and not the norms. (it, also doesn't help that Puncture is easily the most useless proc, and has almost no actual tangeble effect on the player or enemies, while slash cause a very distinct and obvious red flash to spam my screen.)