The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Infested Optimization Issues

IStoleYourHeart

Hi,

Just to let you know, there's some optimization issues when sometimes playing against the Infested Faction. I don't particularly have the best computer in the world (and by that I mean its only just running the game), but I think this affects most people with slightly poorer specs (I'll list mine below). Whenever a new wave attacks, it seems to slow down the game to 20-40 FPS, especially with enemies such as leapers and chargers. I'm not quite sure why this is, but I think the speed of the enemies can sometimes give processors a hard time to process the information, as well as GPU suffering because of all the frames needing processing.

Thanks,

IStoleYourHeart

Intel Core 2 Duo 6700

4GB RAM (DDR2, 667 Mhz)

Nvidia Quadro FX 4600

1TB HDD

If you need any other information, just ask ;p

The probable issue is that the Infested spawn in large packs (compared to other factions), especially in Defense missions. This, coupled by possible physics overload with how some Infested may be clumped all over one another can be problematic. I don't know if it can be optimized further, however--model LODs exist within the game as it is, and the only real way to minimize impact would be to spread spawn timings out, which could offput the pace of Endless Defense DE may be trying to set. However, I agree--I do experience some frame hits even though I can run the game fairly well with medium settings. It's nothing really unexpected, though, given that massive spawns do produce a load for your CPU.