The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Anybody Notice Some Changes To Lighting And Color Correction?

lautalocos

yesterday, i looged in after the update.

i had color correction turned on, and i noticed that the game was quite bright, which was weird since the game is usually dark, and color correction makes the menu quite dark.

anyway, i went to tethys to fight ruk, and i was about to turn off color correction because it makes grineer galleons (and mining outposts) very dark in some areas.

then, i check around before doing that, and i notice how bright the game was. first time in ever playing grineer maps that i can actually see with clarity.

so, my question to DE is, did you change the brightness and color correction, or im insane?

Please be reassured fellow Tenno, your optical systems are all optimal. For the records, here's the strange anomaly you were surely witnessing during you last mission on a Grineer Galeon. 

Surely some kind of reality altering device they experiment on those ship to put doubt in warriors mind. But Tenno can't be fooled twice... The scanner came in handy to prove you are still worthy of wearing a Warframe... Here's another of their mind tricks, messing with the player preferences. Do they have any moral when it comes to fighting, a bushido ? ^^

Although I use to like the previous color correction theme I find this one a little "in your face" and the poor quality of Youtube doesn't do justice to the color tearing and lack of specular gradient on the Warframe textures present on other maps with different lightings.

Edited by kebra

Please be reassured fellow Tenno, your optical systems are all optimal. For the records, here's the strange anomaly you were surely witnessing during you last mission on a Grineer Galeon. 

Surely some kind of reality altering device they experiment on those ship to put doubt in warriors mind. But Tenno can't be fooled twice... The scanner came in handy to prove you are still worthy of wearing a Warframe... Here's another of their mind tricks, messing with the player preferences. Do they have any moral when it comes to fighting, a bushido ? ^^

Although I use to like the previous color correction theme I find this one a little "in your face" and the poor quality of Youtube doesn't do justice to the color tearing and lack of specular on the Warframe textures present on other maps with different lightings.

im experiencing the second one.

i like being capable of seeing things in grineer galleons (especially in a corridor that goes down, which is extremely dark compared to the rest of the map), but it just feels like the game lost some eye-candy

There are certainly some weird graphical glitches going on at the moment.  I keep getting a variant of the first one, but it's about 10 times worse than in the video.  In some cases, I honestly can't see anything; my screen is just shades of blinding white.  And that's in the Derelict tile-set.