Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cold And Electric Mods For Melee Weapons Need A % Buff To Reflect Other Elements.

Felandi

Before Damage 2.0, melee weapons had elemental mods that did not match strength between damage types. This due to rainbow builds and how this elemental damage stacked into charge damage. It made sense.

Specifically:

Molten Impact: +90% Fire Damage.

Shocking Touch: +60% Electric Damage.

North Wind: +60% Cold Damage.

-----

Fever Strike: +90 poison Damage (Included for a complete list.)

In damage 2.0 however, elemental damage does not stack this way, but results in the different damage types we have come to familiarize ourselves with. On top of this, charge damage does not stack the way it used to, due to enemy resistances. Just maxing charge damage on a single weapon is no longer a 'kill all' remedy.

Looking at how all other weapons have 90% in their elemental damage, aside from Deep Freeze for pistol, lying at +60% Cold Damage. (Which might also be a simple oversight. Who knows?)

Could we have these elements for melee upped to reflect their sister and brother elements in damage bonus? If cold damage for pistol should be treated similarly, we would all be quite happy too, I imagine.

A simple observation as to which I believe many would consider to be a fine point.

Edit: Remember Tenno, for a topic to survive and be read by the masses. Discussion and comment are as essential as a steady flow of water.

Edited by Felandi

Mostly because like with Rifles, there are nightmare mods that add into Elemental damage.

for Rifles, Wildfire, additional 60% Fire damage and Magazine size.

for Pistols, Ice Storm, Additional 40% Ice damage and Magazine size.

For Melee, Focus Energy, Charge Speed increased, and 60% Electrical damage.

Focus Energy was actually better for Electrical damage before shocking Touch was buffed to where it is now.

I don't see the need for these to be buffed, other than general equality. Sure it would be nice, but it is unneeded.

Perhaps it is in for a buff, or perhaps there are more mods that haven't been released as of yet.

Edited by HiddenKharma

Mostly because like with Rifles, there are nightmare mods that add into Elemental damage.

for Rifles, Wildfire, additional 60% Fire damage and Magazine size.

for Pistols, Ice Storm, Additional 40% Ice damage and Magazine size.

For Melee, Focus Energy, Charge Speed increased, and 60% Electrical damage.

Focus Energy was actually better for Electrical damage before shocking Touch was buffed to where it is now.

I don't see the need for these to be buffed, other than general equality. Sure it would be nice, but it is unneeded.

Perhaps it is in for a buff, or perhaps there are more mods that haven't been released as of yet.

Except of course that the rifle Hellfire mod gives a 90% boost and wildfire an additional 60%. So in that case the disproportion goes UP.

As for electrical damage on melee and frost o pistols, you indeed have an observation there. It is, however also true that currently some weapons simply cannot deal certain types of elemental damage as well as others. (in this case ignoring nightmare mods, as the future of such elemental mods are unknown). The base mods certainly have this odd setup, though.

It made sense in damage 1.0, but in the current system. I cannot see a reason for limiting certain weapon types from excelling.

For the sake of fairness and Balance, I will also cover the elemental mods for Shotguns.

Incendiary Coat: 90% Fire Damage

Chilling Grasp: 90% Cold Damage

Charged Shell: 90% Electrical Damage

Contagious Spread: 90% Toxic damage

Nightmare mod- Blaze: 60% fire damage, 60% Damage

As is plainly obvious, another example of 90% damage across the board. Making for yet another argument to normalize the elemental damage on the exceptions within Melee and Pistol Mods.

With the elemental resistances of 11.3.0 I can only say that normalising the elemental percentages given by these mods seems to be more topical than ever. That extra bit of elemental potential for some affected weapon types is needed for them to keep up with say the elemental amounts of the rifle and shotgun. (Not counting nightmare mods, in this case. Just the base amounts on pistol Cold damage and Melee Cold+electrical.