Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk Nerf Megathread - Post Your Thoughts!

Kato-san

Even a PAINTBALL gun maintains its velocity at 20 metres, this falloff distance is ridiculous and is becoming a MAJOR problem, especially for us LONG TERM fans and supporters of this game

Its not like the current maps and tilesets give much opportunity for LONG RANGE shooting anyway

NO FIREARM should have ANY damage falloff under 50 metres PERIOD 

It's almost as if games are supposed to emulate the real world. 

owait. 

- Smh at all the failed smartasses out there. Me personally, I'm upset because they usually do nerfs long after people have become accustom to the current status of the weapon. Why not nerf it a day or so or even a week. But this long, after people have likely invested in the weapon. Gave up other good weapons to manage slots/plat spending etc,

Now it's nerf. It was an event reward too, one people had to spend alot of time. One thing if it was already at this level, but to have it a certain level and dow the road nerf it, is ridiculous.

Then it's the thing that they have a reoccurring behavior/habit of doing this.... Too many &#!-kissers here.

DE: "Let them get use to it being this good, then nerf it and some of them are likely to spend plat to forma it to make it closer to what it was, equals potential revenue increase cycle aka rinse and repeat. Our golden fans aka &#!-kissers will defend our actions on the forums, because they're too blind to see corporate greed."

-_-

Don't get me started with the failframe Valkyr and them wanting us to advertise it with this new Ripline contest. Since we have to host it on good hosting sites, like Youtube which they made sure to mention twice...

Then the future of the Prime pkg being locked behind a constant paywall.

Good game, shady company. Oh I haven't seen how this play out before >_>

They stay on this road, I give them a year and a half tops before you hear about someone else buying them out....

Here's what I think DE achieved with this nerf :

- Made the people who missed getting the Brakk a little bit less angry

- Made the people who forma'd the Brakk SERIOUSLY angry

Now people will think twice, thrice about spending platinum potato'ing or forma'ing their weapons/warframes.

I know I won't be spending any more money on platinum when they can willy nilly make the items I use them on obsolete...

Oh well, I enjoyed the Brakk while it lasted, time to switch to primaries again :)

- Yep.

But real shotguns don't have damage drop off and you can actually shoot quite far with them. 

All firearms do because of air resistance, but it's a gradual loss instead of an instant one and it only becomes noticeable at ranges considerably longer than 10m. That said, buckshot isn't exactly all that aerodynamic. If the Brakk was shooting flechettes, well...

Assuming Fancy Future Shotgun technology, I'd hazard a guess that you'd start to see significant effects of damage dropoff at 25 meters and 50m would be major, but still somewhat effective.

Then it's the thing that they have a reoccurring behavior/habit of doing this.... Too many &#!-kissers here.

Awesome.  +1 to you.  Couldn't have said it better myself.  Their customers do all their push back.  The nerf like most useful items and frames nerfs will pay dividends when the latest greatest comes out.  Gotta get it and forma it and then once done wait for the nerf.

Why are you guys crying?This nerf was bound to come.... can't have a handcannon be stronger that shotguns now can we? i might as well laugh at people who don't have an op side arm now

- You obviously don't know what a 'cannon' is.... A 'hand' cannon is simply a 'cannon' that you can wield.... therefore it's still a cannon, just handheld version.

Cannons are generally known to be powerful. You and your group (since I've seen other say similar stuff as you just said) fail at &#!-kissing...

Well that was bound to happen sooner or later. But that makes me think an event is comming for the next overpowered gun to be won.

Actualy... it's not. The Prova Vandal and Machete Wraith were the event exclusive weapons you could win. Event exclusives are always marked by these two titles to different them from the regular versions.

You didn't expect them to make two brand new weapons and keep them event exclusive like that? That would have been waste of resources and creation time on their part.

The Brakk was simply an additional reward that allowed you to use and test a weapon that was meant to be released later before everyone else AND with a catalyst allready installed (and free slot).

It was simply a promotion and test run for this weapon.

That is exactly what I was saying.

They nerfed it like this so it can be released.

Is 300 yards close?  That's the range of a typical shotgun.

Typical in the real world, yes.

It has been shown that little shotguns follow this rule in the world of warframe.

Lore wise, comparisons to the real world are useless.

Typical in the real world, yes.

It has been shown that little shotguns follow this rule in the world of warframe.

Lore wise, comparisons to the real world are useless.

I'm not convinced.  I'm bored.

Incidentally, no sense in grinding 100+ missions, same map, in one weekend.  Event items are crap.

Edited by ThePresident777

I'm not convinced.  I'm bored.

Incidentally, no sense in grinding 100+ missions, same map, in one weekend.  Event items are crap.

- Yea, say good bye to farming next event, especially if a weapon is the reward.

Pokeframe's more popular game is forumframe and the crowd has "gotta nerf em all"

Lmao!

Why do they have to do the ridiculous dropoff instead of just a flat nerf on damage? What's wrong with that?

- They likely will be introducing a new mod to increase range on weapons. This way you can use a forma (you either farm for or BUY) to equip it to your weapon.

Just as someone said above I grinded through 102 missions to get this weapon, it's suppose to be special, it's suppose to be better than other weapons, that's the point of offering a special weapon. What really makes me angry is I'm sure DE tests these guns before they offer them, didn't they see this coming? Just another great weapon to through on the nerfed weapons pile.

Just as someone said above I grinded through 102 missions to get this weapon, it's suppose to be special,

It is special.

Only people who did 100+ missions on 1 specific event have it.

it's suppose to be better than other weapons

Nope. They didn't say it was gonna be better than other weapons, so that's just your wishful thinking. 

Just as someone said above I grinded through 102 missions to get this weapon, it's suppose to be special, it's suppose to be better than other weapons, that's the point of offering a special weapon. What really makes me angry is I'm sure DE tests these guns before they offer them, didn't they see this coming? Just another great weapon to through on the nerfed weapons pile.

- Don't forget that they also just nerfed the Strun Wrath too. Another event weapon. They're just telling us not to waste time on the event weapons. I like the game, I'm disliking the company behind it more and more....

It's a freaking hand 'cannon' it's suppose to be OP. Otherwise should have named it, described or even created it a different way.

Most people aren't getting the concept of a 'hand cannon' just a portable cannon.... Wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't did the impact change thing, that with the falloff and the late timing is all just too much. 90 missions done on a Saturday(to finish event).. hello and goodbye...

I loved my brakk. One thing that makes brakk, well brakk is its high and all around dmg. I think they should have nerfed DPS instead. I mean seriously it fires like a vasto/lato and not like a Lex? It's a hand cannon. -_-

Things that they should have nerfed instead:

-Fire rate

-Clip size

-Reload speed

-Crit change and dmg

-Proc chance

-even more spread! instead of dmg fall off

I agree but people have to tell other people what to use.  When they say, "I don't want to be controlled by you, stop taking my crap away."

Response from control freak: "You are entitled!"

When you say, "Why do you care what I use."

Response form control freak: "Variety is the spice of life, you have to adhere to my vision of the game."

When you give up, "Ok."

Control Freak: "Now who am I going to bother on the internet since no one will give me the time of day away from the computer?"

This accomplishes nothing, but giving a little bit of joy to those who love when someone else is bothered.  As a free item, the brakk can be deleted for all i care, but they also do this with items and frames people spent money on.

I hope they shout about Ember Prime next.  Spend $140 on a gear pack and then have the control freak nerf crowd shout until your $140 gear pack is used as a door stop in the clan dojo.

Well done. 

Can I whine to get Sandal and other Vandals get nerfed to the ground next?

Edited by lawlesswar

I loved my brakk. One thing that makes brakk, well brakk is its high and all around dmg. I think they should have nerfed DPS instead. I mean seriously it fires like a vasto/lato and not like a Lex? It's a hand cannon. -_-

Things that they should have nerfed instead:

-Fire rate

-Clip size

-Reload speed

-Crit change and dmg

-Proc chance

-even more spread! instead of dmg fall off

I think the Clip was okay but I think it probably could have done with a nerf to Fire rate to around the speed of the Lex and a flat decrease to damage. Possibly a bit slower reload as well though I'm okay with a fast reload if they gave a slower fire rate. I personally just really hate damage falloff. It's such a stupid limitation.