Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Melee Weapon For Corpus - Any Help?

castem

Question

I'm looking to get a melee weapon to use specifically against the Corpus.  I've been using an Orthos (with Magnetic), but now that I've started to face 30+ level Corpus it seems that won't be cutting it anymore.

With Damage 2.0, it seems like an impact weapon or an electric weapon should work, but I'm not sure which one I should look at getting.  Looking at weapons on the wiki, I believe I've narrowed it down to three choices:

1.  Amphis

2.  Furax

3.  Prova

I'm leaning towards Amphis, since it's the only one of the three that can hit multiple enemies each swing, but I'm not sure if it's good enough for high-level Corpus.  (Also, a crit build on Furax and a Magnetic + Fire build on Prova might be better instead.)  I could use help picking between these three (or - if there's another melee weapon I should be looking at, I'd like to hear about it).

So...any recommendations?  Things I should be aware of?  Any advice would be appreciated!

(Note:  I've tried the Fragor already, but didn't really like it.)

3 answers to this question

I don't really use melee apart for from utility (the knockdown AOE from the jump attack is awesome for capture missions), but for killing corpus you probably want to go for something with good electric damage and impact, and don't worry about multiple target capability too much, since the corpus don't seem to stick in very small groups (multi target would be a bonus, but if you have to decide between straight up DPS and multi target, go for DPS)