Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Elemental Weapons Please

Hixlysss

So now we have some weapons that do the majority of the elements. There are some not accounting for, such as Cold, Corrosive, Viral, Magnetic, and Gas.

Hopefully these are in the works to be released at a later time, but I'd honestly love to see some form of cold gun in the future. Not a Cold version of the ignis, perhaps a charge weapon that fires a burst of super chilled air, a sorta cold shotgun so to speak.

And random thought, perhaps a Sonic weapon eventually? Something themed after Banshee?

I would rather they fixed the current elemental weapons first to be honest.

And from the hints DEsteve posted (cant find the thread). and about the sound guys recording weapon sounds currently. I believe they may be working on a sonic weapon at the moment.

the old poison weapons should have been switched to corrosive to begin with instead of toxic,

a cold weapon sounds cool and all but honestly wouldnt even be that useful, cold generally does poor damage and is more for cc (albeit worse in damage 2.0) and yeah, a liquid nitrogen weapon would be cool for slowing things down and removing shields, while thats cool and all they are eventually going to unfreeze and you will be out of ammo

and yeah, elemental weapons are in dissarry at the moment, they offer niche roles, but then are outperformed by basically any other similar weapon. . to make matters worse, gas, viral, toxic, and cold are elements that cannot stand by themselves right now, and pure elemental weapons suffer from not having IPS values, nor being able to be adjusted by them. the nail in the coffin is unreliable proc chance, i think the lanka is the only elemental weapon with decent proc chance currently,