The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A True Survival Mode

YourLocustBuddy

I'm kind of tired of the existing survival mode, since the outcome is dictated by whether RNG feels like being nice to you or if it feels like pissing in your Cheerios. Sometimes the runs are fun, you get lots of oxygen drops from the enemies and you don't have to worry, and then sometimes RNG just kicks your teeth in and teases you with one oxygen drop for every sixty enemies you kill. One could also say it's partially a problem with the spawns, since sometimes there'll be a severe drought of enemies in your area, but that's an entirely different problem. I'm also by no means saying to get rid of the existing survival mode, but to add another mode that does not rely on oxygen tanks and is purely survival. I mean, it is called 'survival', so it should be about surviving endless waves of enemies. If we were to name it accordingly to what it is, it'd be something more along the lines of "Super Oxygen RNG Party" and while you might be more inclined to play a mode called "Super Oxygen RNG Party" it wouldn't be any less annoying when it goes from being a "Super Oxygen RNG Party" to a "Severe Lack of Oxygen RNG Party". Anyway, the pure survival could even function like the Nightmare mode, seeing as how there's a option to choose regular or Nightmare, maybe there could be a function to choose a survival mode that doesn't require constantly scuttling around panicking over the lack of oxygen.

Now of course there's the issue of a different survival mode not offering as much challenge, but there's a few ways this could be changed. One could be the method of extracting: Instead of being able to just walk over to extract and leave, the new survival mode could require the player to call in their extract with a device and defend that device until the extract comes in, it could take a minute and a half or two minutes so players have to really plan out when they want to extract. Another way to make the different survival mode more difficult would be to maybe have a very tough enemy show up every so-often. Like maybe a boss shows up every ten minutes? 

Also: There's lasers guns, flying cubes armed with machineguns, super-powered suits, but yet we don't have personal oxygen tanks...? Seriously guys, there are senior citizens with oxygen tanks... Don't tell me that the Tenno can't compete with senior citizens?