Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Heavy Weapon Concept: Bladed Staff

bejuizb

Hey guys,

This is an idea I had for a weapon which was a mix between a light and heavy weapon. I realize that people might consider this idea to be too OP, but then again, that's why its an idea. Now my weapon (I haven't come up with a name yet) might look pretty harmless, but the entire fan of the blade has a razor sharp tip, making the weapon for slashes and cleaving.

Because of its mass, it can be used like an axe, allowing brutal stabs, followed by swinging movement facilitated by the curved blade. The weapon is meant more as a defensive weapon than a purely offensive one like a longsword. The wielder must keep maintaining a relatively circular motion with two of these weapons as an ideal defensive tactic. 

Two of these weapons can be used at a time, single handed like the Dual Zorens or the Dual Ichors, or can be joined at the base like the Orthos. This allows players to choose a style they like. Dual weilding it will grant more mobility with a sacrifice to defence and joining them together makes you slower but allowing you to be more effective in terms of defence and damage. 

I threw this sketch together during lunch break at school, so it might not be up to perfection standards, but I believe it does the job of conveying my idea. What do you guys think?

8E7xD2d.jpg

Your design reminded me of a polearm weapon the Shaolin monks used.

weapons-chinese-weapons-wushu-t-wushu-mo

I also found this on Google:

EgyptianSpade.gif

Indeed. I was basing my idea off of that. Not exactly the weapons you found, but actually from a weapon I saw in Deadliest Warrior. It's a weapon used by the Gladiators. Now that I see that image.....I feel like I stole it lol