Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fanfiction] The Silence #chapter 3 Update : Fire Rain

DeadScream

Hi ! I'm writting here a fiction where the Tenno show their deep feelings.

The main character is a Banshee who took part in the end of the old orokin war, before she was left asleep in a cryopod. 

Hope you'll enjoy your read ! 
All feedback is welcome.

hc07.jpg

Prologue

When I entered this cryopod at the near-end of the old Orokin war, I was far from believing something would wake us again. Us. "Tenno". 
Everything seems so false now. I would like it to be only a thousand years nightmare. Just something to tell myself I'm not the monster they made of me. 

When I entered this cryopod, I hoped I would never have to fight again. They knew we were a mistake.

But I find myself putting my hands on the ground like before, reaching the best frequence to make it shake, shake, more and more. My enemies can't stand on their feet as they were rushing toward us. My brothers and me. "Tenno". 

What does it mean ? What are you Lotus ? Who dares giving an end to a much desired sleep ? 

It was cold when I opened my eyes. I will always remember my brother Frost staring at me, crying. "Wake up, Banshee. Let's end this silly war quick." The constant noise of the guns and machines was hurting, just like the raining bombs I can barely remember from my old life...

Why, Lotus ? Why can't I remember more ? Are we just weapons, without a heart nor any choice ? 

The lightning was dancing in this doomed room, and the blood was streaming on those little stairs. My first steps after a long sleep... Please let me sleep. Frost stood on my side until I was able to walk on my own. But I wished I never knew how to walk again. I wished I never knew how to use this bow I'm carrying. I wished I was never born. 

Then, Trinity entered the snow globe and gave me a painful embrace, giving me the strenght I needed. 

I will fight. 

I liked the silence of this long sleep. I will fight for this silence. 

For now the drums of war are screaming. 

pl8z.jpg

Chapter 1 : A promise of death https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/146138-fanfiction-the-silence/?p=1736030

Chapter 2 : Snow Storm https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/146138-fanfiction-the-silence-chapter-1-a-promise-of-death/?p=1767938

Chapter 3 : Fire Rain : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/146138-fanfiction-the-silence-chapter-2-update-snow-storm/?p=2587240

Edit : English is not my native language, feel free to bring some corrections in order to make the text more understandable :)

Edited by DeadScream

Chapter One : A promise of death

As we are walking through the bodies of the Corpus crewmen after a rude battle, the smell of blood gets stronger and stronger. "Corpus", the mutation of the old Earth's economical system. Finally only the worst of humankind has been salvaged. 

They used to exploit natural elements, giving them a value and selling them to others, just like it was their property. And it never changed. Just got extended to other planets. 

My brothers tell me about the Grineer and the infestation, too. All the same. The triggers and the results. Fighting only to dominate, not even knowing how to act in front of an enemy. Now that Lotus has dropped us in the arena, we have become a new "thing" they want to own. 

Nothing has changed. 

Suddenly all the lights turn red and start flashing. "Ship integrity compromised". It's like they finally understand this ship is their grave, and they want us to be buried too. For sure they will try to escape in safety pods, but they will not work. Volt did break everything before he and the others came to me.

The remaining Corpus are stuck here, and we will make them pay for this meaningless war.They will pay for the fact I was their property.

After several seconds of running, I hear an explosion from far behind. The first detonation before the entire ship gets consumed. My brothers tell me we are near Europa, a Jupiter's satellite covered by ice. The ship will crash on it's surface in a matter of minutes, but we will not know this end. Lotus made our way to the extraction, we just have to reach it. 

Another explosion, from a lower floor. The ship shakes but still we are running. They can't make us fall. They are the fall. 

Something is walking in our direction. Something fast and metallic. Corpus are known for their robotics.

The sooner I'll taste it, the sooner everything will stop. 

It is right in front of us, at the end of the hallway. A tall quadruped machine, ready to deal with us. 

"A Hyena, whispers Frost. Let's see how long it can last against us." 

I can remember how I used to fight this kind of enemy : find the weak point, and strike.

I quickly activate my Sonar ability, revealing weaknesses between the legs and the main part of the Hyena. 

"Can you all see them ?" I ask. 

It was not worth asking : the air suddenly gets cold, as Frost hits these weak spots with a freezing attack.

Not enough to prevent the robot from launching a missile in our direction, but Volt already puts a shield in it's way. Nothing will stop us. Trinity puts an energy mark on the machine, and something suddenly gets stronger inside of us. We are filled with power now. 

Through the Volt's shield, I shoot arrows to the two weaknesses in the front of our enemy. It's getting weaker and weaker. 

As Volt unleashes his powerful Overload, the Hyena jumps toward us, fast but unstable. This is the end. I pass my fellows, and release a sonic boom, sending it back to where it came from after hitting the wall, stricken by the lightnings and the ice waves. 

Not good enough. My heart is filled with pain and hate. It was not enough. How many lives did I take before I slept ? Why do I need to take more ? 

As we are finally getting out of this ship, horrific pictures of the old war emerge from my waking warrior mind. Pictures of what I'm made of and made for : 

Blood, and cries.

Edited by DeadScream

Chapter Two : Snow Storm

Just sit down, have a little rest. Just talk with the ones who knew the same tragedy in the past, but can't remember well.

When you think the next fight will wait, you are sent to another bloodbath. Orders, again. What happens if I choose to run away from this? 

You can run away. I will not punish you. But they will find you again, and it will never end.

Lotus. I doubt you know very much about us. You needed a tool for your accomplishment, and you found the way to use it. To use us. After the first fight, we can't stop. We need to be sure everything will calm down. And you wake us up at the moment we will hate the most, in a place we always lived in : a battleground. You wake fear, pain and hate at the same time. Just to make sure we will try to mend those fatal feelings. 

Our ship is landing on Europa. When the Corpus' one crashed, it revealed a giant base on the ice planet by clearing the heavy clouds away for an instant. A giant base we now have to destruct. They are already aware of our presence : the crash warned them. We will have to face an army soon, and I don't know where my pain is gone. Why should I cry for their lives ? Aren't they monsters as well ? 

Frost is walking ahead, calm and straight, with his Boltor on the shoulder. His white coat is floating through the snow flakes, just like he was part of the landscape. On my left, Volt is preparing his Soma rifle. I can feel his anger. On my right, Trinity is ready too. She is the best ally we could have on our side : the breath, the strenght. The empathy. 

I'm careful about every single noise in the area, as we are getting close to the base : lots of crewmen and robots are getting ready for the battle. I can hear their clips getting put into their rifles, their running steps and metallic clanks moving here and there. One hundred metters before the base, we hide behind a big ice stalagmite. Behind us, our ship is gone. Near the base, something strong is taking off. Something we will have to destruct first. 

Suddenly the sky darkens, covered by dozens of drones. 

The battle has begun. 

Higher in the burning sky, the Raptor is waiting for us.

Edited by DeadScream

Keep 'em coming

Edit: I'm trying to not come up with corny words of encouragement, but it's so hard.

I'm happy that you read my fiction, not so many people give feedback so thank you for your corny words :) 

Here is an illustration for the snow storm chapter  :

hi12.jpg

• 4 months later...

Chapter 3 : Fire Rain

"Banshee ! How many of them ?"  Trinity asks. 

Calm and accurate, the Sonar reveals thirty five assault drones and the strong Raptor. Lotus tells us we have to stop this factory in order to prevent Corpus to build lots of these machines. Is it really that powerful ? Isn't it only a bigger drone ? 

My arrows fly between the explosions. Covered by a snow globe, we don't really see what's happening. But I can clearly hear the sound of our power. Very quickly, only the Raptor remains above us, and gives a cruel answer to my question. This machine is strong. 

In one blast, the globe explodes and leaves us uncovered. Without a second to take a breath, a missiles shower threatens us. 

Without Trinity, for sure we would never have survived. 

I aim and shoot as soon as it stops attacking, but this one is too fast for my lately awakened senses. Fortunately Volt and Frost are good shooters, but it's like they are wasting their bullets on the Raptor's armour. 

"Wait," I shout. 

The drone slowly opens, revealing his weaponry. It seems that we will have to attack it under heavy fire. There's no way to harm it when it doesn't shoot. With no need to explain, Frost casts an additional globe, and I run with Volt, too fast for our enemy to notice us. 

It's time now. 

Jumping to my next cover, I send an arrow in the mid part of the Raptor. Volt is shooting too. The strong noise of his Soma hurts me, but we all know the strenght of this rifle. It won lots of battle in the old times... 

This one too. 

"Mission complete. They will not be bordering us anymore." 

What a lie... We all know a war is meant to be endless. 

I remember shapes of my past, and I realize Corpus was already our enemy back in the years. The Grineer too. 

Everything is here, it just evolved to be stronger than before. 

But nothing is stronger than "us". Tenno. The absolute weapon in a doomed world. 

Walking in the deserted base, we find a lost cryopod, hidden behind the factory. An empty coffin. 

We make our way to our extraction ship without crossing any enemy, silent and tired. What happened to this Tenno ?