Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber/magnum Force Accuracy Modifications

Thelonious

...are plain bugged with most weapons.

Let me give you a few examples.

I equiped unranked, then fully ranked, Heavy Caliber or Magnum Force mods to a few weapons of my own arsenal.

It is a very demonstrative sample of how broken the accuracy drawback calculation is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkkAvb_Mh74-dG51WTZndGxwX2s2aG1TZkFyS1FMdlE&usp=sharing

What's straghtaway noticeable, is the large range of how the mod affects 100 base accuracy weapons.

I was surprised at some weapons actually gaining accuracy when equiped with a rank 0 mod. And not just a bit.

Ignis gets 370.4 accuracy (!!!), flux gets 185.2, embolist 277.8, spectra 138.9.

There's something wrong here.

And more, some weapons get their accuracy cut to a third with only a rank 0. 

Torid (30.6), Ogris (19), Acrid (29.8).

Those same weapons get an accuracy so ridiculous when the mod is maxed that it has absolutly no use practically.

Respectively 2.8, 1.7, 2.7.

Even here there is absolutly no consistency in numbers.

Even with weapons with a normal base accuracy, the numbers never match what's expected.

Some weapons lose more, some less. 

Here again, no consistency.

(on a related matter, it seems sentinel weapons are completly unaffected by the mod negative effect. Another bug to note)

So, clearly something is wrong with the way accuracy is claculated when affected by the mods.

Or, the UI doesn't show the actual values. Which is doubtful, since the accuracy loss is very, very noticeable in-game.

Thank you for reading

its calculated on a per weapon basis for balance reasons and because some guns have perfect accuracy, there would never be consisenticy because of that. it was the same thing with recoil, and lowering accuracy is much more balanced for a mod that grants an extra damage buff.

and those weapons that "gain" accuracy that you mentioned, are all said perfect accuracy weapons, so it makes sense their accuracy doesnt change. if you wanted the accuracy changes to be consisent, then you would have to expect consisent accuracy among the weapons, which is far far from the case.

aside from that, heavy calibur is a great mod. if you really have a problem with the accuracy loss, feel free not to use it. im glad heavy calibur effects some weapons so heavily, it wasnt meant to replace serration, or even be necessary like it and multishot, however that doesnt mean its a mod that shouldnt be used, or is in need of fixing

magnum force is the same thing, it just offers less since pistol mods are ALWAYS better than their rifle counterparts

my only real gripe with heavy calibur is that when it was changed to accuracy instead of recoil, that vile precision wasnt changed as well. hopefully thats something DE would consider changing, even if not, ill still use heavy calibur on some builds, but not all of them, and thats a good thing.

its calculated on a per weapon basis for balance reasons and because some guns have perfect accuracy, there would never be consisenticy because of that. it was the same thing with recoil, and lowering accuracy is much more balanced for a mod that grants an extra damage buff.

and those weapons that "gain" accuracy that you mentioned, are all said perfect accuracy weapons, so it makes sense their accuracy doesnt change. if you wanted the accuracy changes to be consisent, then you would have to expect consisent accuracy among the weapons, which is far far from the case.

aside from that, heavy calibur is a great mod. if you really have a problem with the accuracy loss, feel free not to use it. im glad heavy calibur effects some weapons so heavily, it wasnt meant to replace serration, or even be necessary like it and multishot, however that doesnt mean its a mod that shouldnt be used, or is in need of fixing

magnum force is the same thing, it just offers less since pistol mods are ALWAYS better than their rifle counterparts

my only real gripe with heavy calibur is that when it was changed to accuracy instead of recoil, that vile precision wasnt changed as well. hopefully thats something DE would consider changing, even if not, ill still use heavy calibur on some builds, but not all of them, and thats a good thing.

I could see your point if he was complaining about the power of the mod.  He is not.

He is complaining that the mod either displays inconsistently, or is applied inconsistently.  Either way, some text somewhere needs to be changed so that we, as players, can actually predict what the mod is going to do when we apply it.