The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Grakata A Good Step Up From The Burston?

Wehe

Question

I do not have a lot of good rifle mods (still cant find serration), most of the mods are kinds that give elemental damage or boost critical/elemental chance, nothing that really harmonizes well with the Burston. Because of that I don't use it that much. my Warframe mastery is almost level 4 so I don't yet have access to the obvious choices like Soma, but until I get there do you guys think the Grakata is a solid choice?

I also have mods that boost clip size and total maximum ammo, as I've read that you can really empty the gun pretty fast. However I am a Loki so I'm usually meleeing and I think the weapon is a really good fit.

Edited by Wehe

7 answers to this question

I Wouldn't suggest it unless you feel like using atleast 4-5 formas on it......and still end up with a mediocre in damage but good status weapon...meaning....you will be the guy on your team dealing status...with no dmg....and everyone else will take out the enemies for you :)

Haven't done new DPS calcs, but, I did use new Grakata agaisnt Grineer in a level 15-20 invasion and it was fun.  I don't like burst fire weapons.  The delay between bursts always happens at the wrong time for me, and they are very susceptible to lag problems.  So, I would say, skip all the burst weapons, and yes, give the Grakata a chance.

despite all new change... this wepon still have annoying vertical recoil. just choose weapon that suit you, i would suggest to stick with braton... (especially the one from IAH)

btw, is that your warframe rank or mastery rank? because... well, mastery rank 4 with no serration. i can give you one of mine, whisp me if you find me around.

Frankly, I'd hold out for a Gorgon. The dmg/shot of the SMG is dreadful to say the least, and you will hemorrhage ammo like mad. Granted, the Gorgon has the same problem, especially with the spinup it needs, but I'd say that its dmg/shot (being basically double) partially mitigates it.

Plus, two neurodes for a hilariously menial smg? Get out.
You can get the 5 morphics for the Gorgon more reliabily.

Alternately, if you tend to get up close and personal with targes and aren't rank 3/4 yet to get the Hek, a Strun is worth its weight in gold, and is just hilarious against Corpus.

Edited by UncleWalrus