The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Communication Breakdown

Cybernetix

That would possibly be me. I have been off and on pointing out that there are not enough 'Human' factions in the game currently to really have a dynamic setting. I bring it up tangentlyly in my latest round of ideas ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147130-living-campaigns-improving-invasions-clan-conflict-and-warframes-evolving-story/ ). We don't have "civilians" to save, we don't see the consequence of toppling a tight fisted totalitarian empire (regional destabilization and balkanization). All we have is Bad Guys who want to Kill us (Grineer), More Bad Guys who want to Kill us (Corpus), and Space Zombies that want to Kill Everybody (Infested).Functionally we as Tenno are in many ways both the Pirate and Rebel faction rolled into one. If you think of the Corpus as the last major group of independent "civilians" than we are the Pirates raiding their ships. To the Grineer we are the Rebels overthrowing their empire. We are destabilizing elements to both NPC factions, stabilizers of none, and oddly the only faction that can 'deal' with the Infested. So I guess you can throw on a 3rd role of Protectors (from the Infestation). Unfortunately Tenno as a faction are Reactive and not Proactive.======We knew Invasion mode was coming. I fully expected to see factions controlling nodes shift.I wasn't expecting to see Infested 100% removed. It would have been nice to see it handled organically through the Invasion system.

We should have an event where the more people we rescue in the Rescue missions they become a new faction working with us Tenno. Then this newest DE event, using all factions, could be done with them trying to take over our planet(s). I think that would add a lot to lore and not possibly get rid of one of the three factions.

Positive points here would be.

We are allianced with a small but growing faction.

We have a duty to release, and protect them with honor.

More events for us to do.

More story.

More lore.

This is more what I'm about. If DE makes a decision of how the game is going to go, at some point whether we as the players like it or not, are going to just have to deal with it. That does not concern me, what concerns me is the lack of communication.

Changing Damage 2.0 again? Sure. 

Nerfing and Buffing stuff? Go right ahead.

Whiping Infested off the map? Sweep away.

But please for the love of all that is good and holy, tell us first! I like surprises as much as the next guy, but it's starting to get out of hand.

I enjoy Warframe so much and the transparency of DE is second to none, but please don't be going down this path of "Oh bee tee dubs guys the game is different now meant to tell you all that before, have fun figuring things out."

#savexini

Edited by DJ_Redwire

This is more what I'm about. If DE makes a decision of how the game is going to go, at some point whether we as the players like it or not, are going to just have to deal with it. That does not concern me, what concerns me is the lack of communication.

Changing Damage 2.0 again? Sure. 

Nerfing and Buffing stuff? Go right ahead.

Whiping Infested off the map? Sweep away.

But please for the love of all that is good and holy, tell us first! I like surprises as much as the next guy, but it's starting to get out of hand.

I enjoy Warframe so much and the transparency of DE is second to none, but please don't be going down this path of "Oh bee tee dubs guys the game is different now meant to tell you all that before, have fun figuring things out."

#savexini

They did, several times, dev live streams, many moons ago and every time since pretty much. Best way to tell us? No But they did tell us, just saying.