Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Warframe?

battlehotdog

squandered potential.

I don't think it is squandered yet. I think the team are just developing the foundations of the game further do give it a solid base.

I might be being a bit too optimistic, but I feel that at some point, the team will have that "Eureka" moment that makes the game truly come to life.

I don't think it is squandered yet. I think the team are just developing the foundations of the game further do give it a solid base.

I might be being a bit too optimistic, but I feel that at some point, the team will have that "Eureka" moment that makes the game truly come to life.

I really really hope it, but i don't really see this coming.

Never thought about the solid base part, tho. this is good point to think about.

Already happened in 6.5 =P

Warframe is randomness. I think that randomness is somehow killing this game.

-Login reward: random

-Alerts (rewards): random

-Prime and some other blueprints (Banshee, Volt, Vauban): random

-Mods (drops): random

-Rewards in survival missions: random

-Livestream rewards, etc: random

and so on.

Practically, everything is RNG based and random.

For example, when the weekend comes and I see that rewards and missions in WoT are attractive,

or weekend missions are fun I go and play WoT. I don't care about Warframe at all at that point

because everything is random so who really cares. You can grind for hours to get something or

even days and some other guy will get the same stuff in 3-5 minutes of playing.

Practically, there's no goal in Warframe, you just play it and stuff randomly drops.

Your progress of getting stuff in many cases is limited by randomness or RNG.

Maybe some people like that concept, but all I can say that many players get burned out

of endless grinding to get some stuff and simply quit or just stop being active players.

and so on.

For example, when the weekend comes and I see that rewards and missions in WoT are attractive,

or weekend missions are fun I go and play WoT. I don't care about Warframe at all at that point

because everything is random so who really cares. You can grind for hours to get something or

Practically, there's no goal in Warframe, you just play it and stuff randomly drops.

Maybe some people like that concept, but all I can say that many players get burned out

of endless grinding to get some stuff and simply quit or just stop being active players.

You forgot that even the maps are random and enemy spawns are random.

and so on.

there are weekend events in warframe as well, but not very commonly. would you play warframe more often if it offers more events?

"no goal" is very true, there are sub goals, for example rank 8 weapons or well... there isnt much more. and if you are beyond that you dont even have the weapons as a goal cause you leveled most of them and especially the good ones

and so on.

Actually, it being random is the only thing keeping it alive. Imagine if you could get all your gear within a few days play. How much longer would you play? I think you miss the point of the RNG.

this was the skill tree change, right?

7 was the change away from the skill tree; 6.5 is, in my opinon, when warframe was at its very best.

It still had a lot of problems, but there didn't seem to be glaringly huge differences between most gear (i.e. there wasn't that "one gun to rule them all" vibe) and it didn't feel like you had to farm all day every day just to enjoy yourself but still had plenty of stuff to aquire.

Now it's like this torrent of gear, a lot of it is still garbage and a huge, epic amount of grinding all for really a very similar experience outside of the fact that progression is painfully slower.

6.5 needed plenty of tweaks sure, but DE doesn't do tweaks... they do "lets completely overbuff, then completely overnerf then finally find a semblance of balance and (remove the item from the game) / (insert new item that totally outclasses that item) / (completely change the way the mechanic works)" over and over.

Edited by Bakim0n0

Actually, it being random is the only thing keeping it alive. Imagine if you could get all your gear within a few days play. How much longer would you play? I think you miss the point of the RNG.

When everything is RNG it stops being fun. In most games with rngs there are usually set enemies that appear in set areas so you can always plan your grinding. In warframe every single thing is random.

Confused and misguided. Warframe had a great start and there was a lot of promise in the game, but the recent changes make me think that they're really just taking the Aperture Science approach to its design by throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks, rather than having real concrete design goals. Of course, that is a very big flaw with living games like Warframe, in that you try to keep it fresh to the point where you're regularly changing the way the game's meta works, often to the disservice of a large chunk of the game's systems. The devs need to really sit down and hammer out what they want already, because the tug of war with balance is wearing me thin at this point.

The grind of the game was never my problem. The RNG is a big issue, but I've never considered it anywhere close to the fact that Warframes biggest flaw was next to no direction, be it on the player front or the development front... With the way it handles itself, I'm starting to consider it like Yugioh; an ever changing meta that completely destroys viable options from the previous incarnation all the while trying to drain you of more and more money just to keep up with the current meta for the month (if you're lucky) that it lasts...

Edited by ToeSama

When everything is RNG it stops being fun. In most games with rngs there are usually set enemies that appear in set areas so you can always plan your grinding. In warframe every single thing is random.

Even the sparks are behind RNG gates.

I think the constant use of RNG accounts for a lot of things like vaub nades misfiring and the reports of penta nades bouncing unpredictably; even inexplicable glaive behaviors.

It's one thing for gear to be behind RNG but now a whole faction (infested) is behind an RNG wall and every element of the game really is as well.

ah ok, i joined warframe 6.7 i guess, so i didnt know much of the game, i was confused about skilltree 3 weeks later, they changed it than was the best time for me. had my hek and experienced the game, unlocked one mission after another but after 5 planets i lost the first hype due to grinding. then i got the hype again when dojo was released, but since that i lost it completely. the events kept my interests up, but now its fading away

ah ok, i joined warframe 6.7 i guess, so i didnt know much of the game, i was confused about skilltree 3 weeks later, they changed it than was the best time for me. had my hek and experienced the game, unlocked one mission after another but after 5 planets i lost the first hype due to grinding. then i got the hype again when dojo was released, but since that i lost it completely. the events kept my interests up, but now its fading away

Pre u7 the u6 content was generally the same so you did experience the period of time I was talking about.

I had similar experiences but I really stuck with the game pretty hardcore till just after Nekros came out; my opinion about the game started to turn negative when the glaive fiasco.

A pile of mess with more mess adding on top of it with every update.  While there are regular sparks of awesome, it is mixed in with the existing pile of mess.  In other words, 2 steps forward 2 steps back.  If I'm even more cynical, Warframe = cash grab the game.

Edited by Casval_Rouge

I've only played warframe for a total of like 20+ hours. So im basically a noob. but I find this game really fun. My favorite game atm. However I probably will end up finding this game boring.. Maybe.

You see, I come from dust514... Many of hundreds of hours spent on that game.. And I finally quit the game because I started to hate it. I became a bitter vet.

I hope that doesn't happen here :(

Pre u7 the u6 content was generally the same so you did experience the period of time I was talking about.

I had similar experiences but I really stuck with the game pretty hardcore till just after Nekros came out; my opinion about the game started to turn negative when the glaive fiasco.

k, yeah i agree the downfall of my motivation was about the time where Nova came out and the RNG(yeah sometimes i hate it, but sometimes it can be very dynamic-> makes the game alive) didn't let you farm her. not a bad thing at all, the boss was a competion(what i really like).

to level nekros i needed a lot of time. i leveld him to 30 about 4 weeks ago? and now im stuck with mag prime and valkyr(i dont even want to have ember prime anymore).

it's just a grind fest now.

what do you mean with glaive fiasco?

k, yeah i agree the downfall of my motivation was about the time where Nova came out and the RNG(yeah sometimes i hate it, but sometimes it can be very dynamic-> makes the game alive) didn't let you farm her. not a bad thing at all, the boss was a competion(what i really like).

to level nekros i needed a lot of time. i leveld him to 30 about 4 weeks ago? and now im stuck with mag prime and valkyr(i dont even want to have ember prime anymore).

it's just a grind fest now.

what do you mean with glaive fiasco?

I think, I could be wrong, was when glaive prime couldn't use glaive mods. Or that time when DE implied glaive would be cash only item.

I've only played warframe for a total of like 20+ hours. So im basically a noob. but I find this game really fun. My favorite game atm. However I probably will end up finding this game boring.. Maybe.

You see, I come from dust514... Many of hundreds of hours spent on that game.. And I finally quit the game because I started to hate it. I became a bitter vet.

I hope that doesn't happen here :(

i dont want to scare you away :) enjoy the game while it's still fun for you, as i said i played 350 hours and enjoyed but now its over 390 and the motivations goes down. i played global agenda for 700++ hours and that was very very very repetative (more than warframe), i lost warframe at 400 hours cause my friend stopped playing, so if you have friends to play with you can do over 1k hours. i can see the potential in Warframe.

part of it has been used, part of it will be used and for the last part I hope that DE will use it

I think, I could be wrong, was when glaive prime couldn't use glaive mods. Or that time when DE implied glaive would be cash only item.

The second.

DE tried to make glaive cash only, a riot started in the forums, there was blood and tears, but all was necessary at the end.

now seriously, from time to time DE gets a corpus syndrome, where only money is important, those are the worst times in warframe (prime access and the grind needed for ember prime parts are an example of those moments)

Edited by omega_phoenix