The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critical Dmg Mods

MrManiac

Question

What i haven't been able to find is a good thread on the CURRENT maximum values for most mods.

Right now i'm going crazy on xini because i'm trying to get a decent value critical damage mod. I've read that most people use about 60% but in 3 days i've only ever gotten 2 mods and both below 20% while still being blue ones. I am persistant, but i would like to know if they just havent been nerfed to 20% or if xini maybe just no longer drops those values or smth.

6 answers to this question

Welp you're going to be sad. Mods are disappearing in the next major update.

As for how high crit damage can go, I recently got a 49.2% blue crit damage mod for shotguns. From where? Not sure. It'd either be Xini or Outer Terminus but I doubt the location has any bearing on the mod besides the level. (Both places give lvl 30 mods anyways)

Edited by Liacu

I've seen 68% crit damage mods, and know people who have about 170% total on some gear, so even if there is a "limit", well, you're still going to be doing some insane overkill.

As for drop rates - Crit damage, fire damage, gorgon, power strength, power efficiency, and dual-stats are all blue ONLY. They will never come in white/green, which means they're pretty rare to begin with.

You can easily farm for an entire week and still not get anything above 20%; and good luck if you need that crit damage mod on a specific piece of gear like melee or otherwise, because that means you're even more in need of lucky RNG than normal on already hard to find mods.

Lady luck can be a cruel mistress, and mercy isn't in her vernacular.

Welp you're going to be sad. Mods are disappearing in the next major update.

Yea, read up on that today. Might be that most of the time anyone spent farming will have been more or less wasted. Here's hoping that a game changing update will not be a game breaking one. Maybe the developers will even take in to account all the time spent on rare mod farming and excange them for some sort of favor in the new system.

As for the other replies, it seems that I am unlikely to get a 60% melee mod before the new update, thanks for the info tho. :)

Yea, read up on that today. Might be that most of the time anyone spent farming will have been more or less wasted. Here's hoping that a game changing update will not be a game breaking one. Maybe the developers will even take in to account all the time spent on rare mod farming and excange them for some sort of favor in the new system.

As for the other replies, it seems that I am unlikely to get a 60% melee mod before the new update, thanks for the info tho. :)

Oh trust me, when I said you could potentially come up empty-handed even with 7 days worth of concentrated Xini farming; I didn't pull that out from thin air. Especially a melee version of it.