Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Bo

DuWryght

I read on the wiki (and you can find it on the weapon's codex) that the bo used to launch foes. I played it up to rank 30. It's stuns.. sometimes. It's a fairly weak and ineffective weapon, something not new to WF vets. The down attack is terrible. It takes too long and the second hit (what I call "I dub like planet for Earth!") doesn't do dmg at all. This is noted by 2 dmg numbers that appear on the first hit of the downed attack. You are going to have to buff attack speed up quite a bit for it to be useful. The vertical type swings aren't very good and limit the AoE range of this weapon. The user is launched quite far forward in the animations... which take a while to finish... so don't mash with this weapon.

It's impact dmg... I like impact, but it's really only useful in corpus missions. 25% on infested sounds good, but every slashing weapon I've had (skana, kamas, cronus, dual kamas) they all do more dmg and attack faster dispensing mobs better than the bo ever can. I'm now using my Kogake. I LOVE martial arts and these things trump the bo even unranked...

One thing I propose to change is the down attack. The 2nd hit is pointless. If this weapon is supposed to be a CC weapon and a testament to the basics of weapon fighting, let's give it some mysticism. I propose an inverted pool cue attack to the head of the downed mob that would release a small aoe (not larger than the air slam).

The charge attack (remember mysticism) should have a small whirlwind affect that can target airborne enemies. It should ALWAYS stun or knockback. The sliding attack should ALWAYS knock down.

I think this weapon could be a little faster. It's wielded with 2 hands but both hands are spread to distribute the bo's weight evenly. This makes using it much easier than a 2-handed hammer. For how the user looks while using the weapon, you would think the thing weighs a ton... and packs a punch. It's doesn't and has little use as a CC weapon in it's current state. I don't mind the dmg and it is fast for a 2/h weapon, but if the job is to produce higher numbers and many enemies, many other weapons do it better.

You either focus on killing or making things easier to be killed. The bo used to focus on the latter (mind you, I wasn't around when it did what it was famed at doing), but now does neither effectively.

...or you can leave it as is and make a rank 7 3 sectioned staff that is better in every way

TS-WD3SECSTAFF_540.jpg

Edited by DuWryght

yet another thread about bo staff, i ever made one too. this weapon are nothing now, low damage, slow attack and more...

I think DE doesnt give a meh with this weapon anymore, to busy to design a new one, but forgot to fix what have broken...

*sigh* this was a gem in my arsenal. now, just let it rot on market cause no one ever bought it... anymore.