Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0 Vs Charge Attack

B1ind

I was confused as to how damage 2.0 affected charged damage as well for a bit. but some very nice people who I can only assume play a big role in the wiki responded with this information

Elemental damage works just as it did prior to damage 2.0 the fact that the proc is so are is due to the incredibly low fire-rate/attack speed and proc chance of melee charged attacks. so if you're using a maxed out elemental mod that adds 90% damage? thatll add onto your charged attack as an extra 90% from it's base charged damage.

Also keep in mind that the charged damage of a weapon is not the same as it's base physical damage. for instance the gram on normal attacks does mostly slash, but on charged does mostly impact.

oh, also charged status proc chance is different from base status proc chance. all this is on the wiki now though so please help yourself to it~

and I hope this post helps you somewhat ^^;

As of some suggestions and testing.

I've just tested my charge attack of a fully upgraded orthos prime with full corrosion.

it did 217 damage on 52 lvl grineer.

If compared in DPS to Brakk with the similar build it's totally useless.

In other words I don't need this melee weapon anymore. It can't kill anything, nevermind all the mods for armor piercing and such.

This damage system realy needs some work.

Also keep in mind that the charged damage of a weapon is not the same as it's base physical damage. for instance the gram on normal attacks does mostly slash, but on charged does mostly impact.

oh, also charged status proc chance is different from base status proc chance. all this is on the wiki now though so please help yourself to it~

and I hope this post helps you somewhat ^^;

All I want is someone (maybe from DE) will come to this thread and shed some light on a big secret why fully upgraded and formed three times orthos prime with full corrosion mod right now is just a stick and completely useless. No mechanics of charge damage explained and melee weapon like this one nerfed below it's limits.

Let's also add some questions:

1. As of DMG 2.0 we've got three types of physical damage. What kind of damage does charge attack? Is it puncture,slash or blast or else?

2. How elemental damage added to charge attack?

3. How combined elemental damage added to charge attack?

4. How proc effect and chance added to charge attack?

5. How proc effect damage added to charge attack?

Orthos Prime

A max rank Molten strike adds 90% Fire damage, which would in this case do 180 fire damage

A max rank Molten strike adds 90% Fire damage, plus a max rank fever strike ( 90% poison damage) create 180% gas damage, which would in this case do 360 Gas damage all together

Some weapons vary on proc chance, though in this case it doesn't so, 10%

I don't know the answer to 5 but honestly everything else is answered in the wiki.

Physical Damage 200
Charge Time 0.5 sec/charge
Crit Damage

150.0%