Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Players, Shouldn't Have To Feel Forced, To Buy Platinum.

Naso

I despise this attitude, if the game is advertised as free to play, it should allow you to have comparable features to someone who does pay, but in the case of inventory slots it does not, there should be at least some way for a free player to have access to the weapons they want while still maintaining a realistic variety, having such a limited amount does not encourage someone to keep playing but rather pressures them into feeling like they have to pay in order to have a comparable experience.

There are very few weapons, that later on down the road after you've ranked up in mastery, that solely require you to obtiain with platinum. If you'd play more, and had any idea of what you were talking about, you might know and understand this. DE has also stated in various commentary that they plan on expanding/changing the market. That is also in regards to weapons and frame slots.

Things take time, and the game is still in beta, so stop QQ'ing about it. Dont know how many times I'll have to say that, but I imagine it will be a lot.

I put all of my faith in that MMOBomb giveaway only to lose to completely irrelevant and dumb comments from those that just started the game. Now I'm just waiting for update 7 to transpire. I currently have 3 warframes in the foundry that are waiting for slots, and 7+ weapons in the foundry waiting for slots as well. F2P seems to be a broad term these days.

I don't know if someone with grand master status can be speaking on this matter without sounding biased.

I don't think someone who isnt willing to toss a $5 into a game that is clearly awesome, so that he can open up space to hold atleast half of the items in game that he's waiting for space for, can speak on the matter either, without sounding biased.

They can't, but they'll still shove their opinion any which way since Master and Grand Master get into Design Council, meaning that any rich brat can buy his way into shaping the game to what he thinks is right. See: the Sarin dispute.

Nice opinionated response from someone who barely contributes to the community and or game via the forums. Any of the founders have the same right to voice thier opinion. The whole design council thing is just another avenue of feedback, save for it comes from those who have invested into DE.

Also, not all of us are "rich brats". Some of us are far from it. I can atleast say, that I have a job, and every once and a while, I'll splurge some money that I have saved.

Maybe you should do the same.

Basically a lot of people mistake the categories. One thing is a "Free to Play" game, another thing entirely is a "Freeware" game.

Indeed.

Edited by Zeally

I dunno, I use platinum on this game cause I'm a founder, but it would be nice to be able to get some of the upgrades and crafting through actual gameplay, at the moment the grind is just too ridiculous, and half the nessecary items (Orokin reactors and catalysts) are almost impossible to get. DE will still make money from people who are willing to spend money on the game regardless of what sort of microtransactions they make available, but in it's current state, the microtransaction system makes the game significantly less fun for f2p players. Which means the game will have less players overall, which will make the game less fun to play in the long run, which will be bad for the game overall.

*edit* I guess to sumarise I should say that I think microtransactions should be restricted to speeding up the aquisition of eqipment and for cosmetic upgrades only. At the moment they serve as a significant barrier preventing people from being able to enjoy the game past level 15.

Edited by CosyPigeon