The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Diorama Idea

Luminati07

(Originally posted this a long time ago. Changed some stuff around, and am reposting. Mainly to get more feedback/ideas)

Hey everyone,

For those that have seen my latest fan concepts, you might have gathered that I'm a big fan of Dissidia Final Fantasy.

I've been watching a particular cutscene dozens of times (mainly because it's awesome), and it seems like it would make for the perfect login diorama.

The idea is to have a lone Tenno kneeling down, sword in hand, looking weak and defeated.

At this point in the diorama, the camera angle is from behind the Tenno, with a massive army of Grineer in the distance.

petercorp-2296903.jpg

(Sorry for the terrible quality. I could not find an HD version of the image below)

2dj2a7s.jpg

The image doesn't show much, mainly because of the quality.

(There will be a video as well to showcase that part)

That blur in the distance is a huge army.

Here's a video to better show what I mean.

Direct link - 

Now, the camera pans away from the Tenno, and gets close to the army, showing the sheer numbers of the Grineer forces. (Right now, you can't see the Tenno, the focus is purely on the army)

After panning to the army, it starts going back to the defeated Tenno that we saw at the start.

However, instead of the weak, defeated Tenno that we saw earlier, he is now standing tall, weapon in hand, ready to fight. But, he has several allies behind him.

Solidifies the whole "Alone we shall falter, together we shall conquer" or "United we stand, divided we fall" quotes. (Can't remember where I saw the first quote. I think it was someone on these forums)

In short.

1. Camera starts behind a Tenno who is kneeling down with his sword, looking utterly defeated in front of a vast army of Grineer. (I mean vast. Like...hundreds and hundreds of the guys)

2. Camera pans over to the army, showing the sheer numbers. Even better if it has the bosses in the army (Vor, Kril, Ruk etc)

3. Camera starts to pan back to the defeated Tenno.

4. Tenno is now standing tall, weapon ready. However, now there is a full squad behind him.

I'll leave it that. Make sure you watch the video in the post, it will give a much better idea of what I mean.

I hope you can get the same visual imagery that I am. Close your eyes for a few seconds, and try to image what I am explaining.

(For obvious reasons, the first part wouldn't be a 1:1 copy of the image I posted)

Explanation in more detail (optional)

The big idea behind this concept is to showcase the idea of Tenno being vastly outnumbered in the war.

The main point, however, is to show that together, the Tenno have a fighting chance.

(That's shown when alone, the Tenno is kneeling and defeated. But when he has allies, he stands tall, ready to fight)

It's hard to explain, but the video gives a very good idea of what I mean.

The idea behind it is the Tenno at the start has been fighting the Grineer army for a very long time, alone.

After so long, he is very weak, and is starting to realise that he isn't going to last much longer. He accepts his defeat and falls to one knee, ready to die.

Suddenly, 3 other Tenno come to his aid, lifting his morale. He now realises that he is not alone. Rather than giving up and accepting defeat, his allies have given him the strength to carry on.

If you've played Dissidia 012, you will probably see some similarities in the game.

1. An endless war.

2. The enemies vast armies completely outnumber the heroes.

3. Despite this, the heroes come together and stand strong.