Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penta Change

BrainInvader

TL:DR Get rid of self-hit on penta.

Hello all!

After using the penta for a while, i have come to the conclusion it needs a certain buff.

No self-hit.

Currently, on my screen I often see the grenade 20 meters in front of me and way out of explosion radius, and yet receive damage. 

I believe this is due to host-client differences and it has killed me so often already it is beginning to become really annoying not to be the host.(Though that is very often annoying even without the penta)

I'd rather they just fix the bug so you don't kill yourself from grenades fifty meters away.

Its caused by Client to host Desync, the DE's would need to look for a better solution for the network lag to solve this problem, best be careful for now. Their network mechanics kindof remind me of Arma 2...

Edited by GhostUnitVII

honestly I never saw people suddenly flocking to the torrid when the self damage bug kicked in. The ogeris needs self damage, and there's no doubt about hat. but the torrid? and the penta? is it really necessary? I honestly don't think they need it.

In all fairness though I can understand the penta a lot more then the torrid, since it's not creating an area of death to the user.

still, I dont see it being necessary and wouldn't care much if they took away something that was only killing people xD

No, self-hit is a trade-off for powerful AoE shots.

What we really need is an indication, that grenade is near, so we'd know that it's dangerous to detonate right now.

Alternatetively self-hit may be tweak not to kill player, but to reduce hit HP to 1, so he can be oneshotted by every enemy, but he'd get a chance to escape and survive.

What we really need is an indication, that grenade is near, so we'd know that it's dangerous to detonate right now.

Alternatetively self-hit may be tweak not to kill player, but to reduce hit HP to 1, so he can be oneshotted by every enemy, but he'd get a chance to escape and survive.

It is not a trade-off if you die to host-client problems instead of your own bad aim/stupidity.

Your suggestion might work, and atleast help a lot. But it would still have the problem of host-client differences causing you to still lose health from grenades 20m+ away.

Btw, does upgrades(toxin for example) also work on the grenades? Or only on the direct hit with a grenade?

They should release a 'no-self-hit' mod. For the Penta and Ogris.

It will be rewarded to 100 top most players of an event.

People will get angry over this mod being exclusive.

Rebecca will announce that it was not meant to be exclusive and it will probably be released in future events.

People will start handing out 4k for this mod in trading.

Another announcement will say that this mod will remain exclusive. 

Edited by Pixues

Honestly I think you're on to something, but I think a bit closer to middle ground would be better. For instance it would do full unrestricted damage to your shields, but when it hits your health it's restricted to a maximum of 30-70%(let the devs decide but it should by all means be between these two numbers) of your -current- health. Doing this would make it so it still hurts quite a bit, and the more you do it the more you push yourself to basically assured death.

The damage would catch up to you pretty quickly, if they should go with 50% and say you have 300 health?

18.75 if you hit yourself with every grenade! and I feel that's fair. I even feel they need to utilize this sort of a system for the Ogris as well, just tweak the value to by 70% (the Ogris needs to take bigger chunks then the penta hands down.)

No, I think the self hit is fine, but they need to fix the client side bug where you can hurt yourself 50 meters away from the visual grenade.

I think the torid self hit should return with a buff, so that elementals affect the cloud again.

I love and have multi forma on these launchers but think the self hit mechanism should remain in place.

BS on what you are saying about needing different values for Ogris if you are suggesting a change.  The Ogris is much more difficult to handle in close quarters combat.  I can using the penta no problem under 10 meters staying just out of its 6.2 meter radius explosive range with firestorm.  With the Ogris you are talking about 7-8 meters radius and the need for ground detonation beyond slightly behind the target to not hit yourself under 10m.  

With the Penta you can arc and hit behind the target with a high detonation to reduce damage potential.  The Ogris needs a ground shot to work well.

FYI the Penta is my favorite out of the three launchers.  I have 6 formas on it and think it is fine with the exception of the client sided bug.

Edited by Rankless