The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Refund platinum if you sell a "proed" item

Spiffmeister

I don't think that refunding PLATIUM is a good idea, but I'm all for refunding items purchased and sold with credits. The company would loose money if they allowed people to invest in a gun, sell it, get their plat back, and re-invest it in another gun with the same money the used to buy the original weapon. I think if you invest real money in a gun, you told yourself in advance that this item is somthing of value to you and you're not going to throw it way. Also, if you really want a new weapon pro; I'm pretty sure would be just fine using a little extra money... after all, you already payed cash for game.

I don't think that refunding PLATIUM is a good idea, but I'm all for refunding items purchased and sold with credits. The company would loose money if they allowed people to invest in a gun, sell it, get their plat back, and re-invest it in another gun with the same money the used to buy the original weapon. I think if you invest real money in a gun, you told yourself in advance that this item is somthing of value to you and you're not going to throw it way. Also, if you really want a new weapon pro; I'm pretty sure would be just fine using a little extra money... after all, you already payed cash for game.

They could place a simple restriction regarding proing an item, you have to play a map with it then you are allowed to go pro with it. This way you don't pro something and decide to sell it later and feel bad for losing the platinum. If they do allow a return policy it should probably be heavily restricted, like no more than 1 return per some cycle.

There IS a reason every game will never, in 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 ∞ years, any game publisher OR developers will EVER do that. I will give you 3 minutes to ponder why that is. Timer starts when you're done reading this sentence.

Edited by WallyDin

That, or store the progress. Need to rebuy the item, but why do we "forget" how good we were with it?

I agree with this, but it may be funky with the inventory system at the moment. You can buy multiple copies of the same weapon. So are they all Pro'd?... Actually yes, they probably all should be... still don't know why anyone would buy two, but maybe they just want to try a different upgrade path or some such...