Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Planet/system Navigating, Please Fix This

(PSN)Ded1

I mean, seriously does anyone think the current system is working? Press Square, navigate to a selected planet. Okay, now, moving in any direction will result in you going to a different planetary system from where you can, eventually navigate back to the one you originally wanted.

WTH? 

I totally agree with you. If one clicks into a planet you should be able to navigate all the sites available for that planet only without moving into another planet that has nothing to do with what you are trying to select. DE definitely needs to fix the star chart whenever the next upgrade is coming out.

And here I thought I was the only that had a problem with this, also the mods when trying to equipt mods you can't use the same mod on two different weapons I can understand, but can there be some kind of indicator that that mod is already installed on an active weapon used by you or your sentinel.

Going straight to a planet  rarely works even when i've cleared all the nodes in the planet. I now have had to get used to having to navigate all the way from mercury or some other random planet each time i go into the star map regardless of which planet I select (the screen goes to the planet i selected but the pointer is really back in Mercury...aaargh what are you doing over there?!).   With the number of things they fixed in update 11 i'm  hopeful this will be fixed soon.

This is definitely near the top of my list of things that should be fixed. While it isn't game breaking as I get farther and farther from venus I find myself spending a few minutes because it isn't clear how the dpad works the progression of planets. Planet navigation just gets annoying and tedious which ends up becoming very frustrating, especially when I am grinding for a mod or part because I have to navigate back to the exact same mission I just completed

Come on - any of you really thought it was "just you? lol

Everyone knows this is a big problem, because everyone feels it every single time they play.

1: Starting on Mercury every time.

2: The horrible navigation within the systems.

Seeing as the first patch of the game was pretty much already off to cert when the Vanilla game launched, we didn't get a fix for this with U11.

A little silly tbh, it's expected to have lots of issues when you launch a new game for the console, and you should be ready, taking notes, and doing a hotfix/patch as soon as possible after a launch. Oh well....

A fix will be in the next update I'm sure - the question just is..... when will that be....

• 2 weeks later...

For me if you choose Mercury, Venus, Earth, Saturn, or Jupiter then it will work correctly.  If you choose any other planet then it will throw the cursor way back over to Mercury.

Also white text against white stars is very hard to read.  You often have to wait until the white stars pass the rotation until the bluish/black background comes around.  The star chart needs a different color I think.  Or maybe a dropshadow.

A possible fix to this...yes it's a bit annoying when you highlight a planet only to be "beamed to" Mercury...is to hit "Play"...highlight the planet you wish to go to and hit a "Apply" button. Much like when you chose a particular loadout with a weapon or frame. That way you stay on that planet and able to check the missions without starting at the beginning.

Kenny J - BuzzZaw82