Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want Too Write My Point Of View Of This Nerf Everyting Situation.

SALE94

Hi guys so i am not the great with grammar, (not my first lenguage) but i hope you will get a point,i will not write nothing you already didnt hear somewhere.

This is  part from my Thread All people that Cry About Brakk from steam.

All i want too say, they should never nerf a gun,(maybe little tweak but never cut 1 of key strenght points).

They should instead make more guns that can match the same power, but in diferent way, it doesnt need too match the exact numbers.

Lock them into higher mastery rank and make the people, that played for that rank happy, and people that still didnt reach it,
will want too get that far because they have a goal

Not mindless exp numbers and Title that dont mean a C*ap at end of day.

If you think about it, in low end spectrum we have a choise between many good guns,
that all have their pros and cons, but in end if we put effort in them it will not be for nothing.

Same as medium spectrum.

But in High End spectrum right now it is big mess, some guns that should be placed lower, are stucked with competition that outclass them.

Also when it come too nerf cry, always the high end suffer the biggest, and little tweak by tweak gun changes.

Why they are high end for a reason, they are supposed too kill the biggest threats and levels in game.

And as many other proposed there should be Tiers for guns, for example..

Tier 1 are All weapons from mastery 0 too the mastery 1 (guns that can have great potential but that potential will parish after you reach final planets)

Tier 2 From Mastery 2 - 4 (guns that should have potential for T2 void right from the start, and once fully pimped  they should keep up in T3 and over just fine)

Tier 3 Mastery 5-6 - Guns that once user start too shoot can feel o boy this thing is huge, (T3 Void potential with ease and after maxed T2- T3 surv with ease until some point)

And final tier guns from mastery 7- 8-9

Now this tier should include gear, that have biggest starting potential for big things, they dont need too be the most Big number, but they should start like fearsome mashine.

To the point that every time you start new forma, you dont feel like it takes ages, or why i am soo weak again.

Note that some of guns that are right now, lets say rank 4, rank 3, should be rank 5.

Best tier guns should be the most easy too pimp up, and should include few polarity slots, because you worked for rank.

Edited by SALE94

'Never nerf, just make more' is a bad idea as this simply has the game resort to only buffs, buffing other guns to take back what was overreached upon and then buffing enemies to real with the new buffed weapons.. which result in the buffed weapons feeling weak.

I also disagree with your concept of tiers. I would rather see general guns with no polarities be rank 0-1, as the mastery increases, the guns become more and more specialized, often clan tech or tech that requires forma to make them(to justify the polarities but not necessarily at a 1 to 1 ratio). A rank 0 weapon should be viable always but will never beat a higher mastery gun at its own game.

Gaining rank is easy as well is leveling weapons, with  a good frame you can net forty thousand or more per survival run with a few friends, leveling two weapons while using the third to survive until you agree to pull out. I can say this because I have not joined that long ago and I am already rank 7... which unlocks most, if not all(is there a mastery 8+ weapon?) weapons.

Hmm but what if they dont buff mobs, the purpose of such, high power is too get you further, to test where is that level that will finaly break you, buffing for example level 30 mobs so they can be like level 70  ( level 70 in damage 2.0 = over 160- 180f rom old system), is not natural.

So if we go by that, rank 7 and rank 2 gun should both do nothing against  same mobs , because that is scaling right? Wrong

Maybe tier system would not be ideal, but at least you would now which gun can do someting,and not be feared it will turn too dust some day

Also @ Krill3 yes i agree 101% with you,  it is not a point.

This is my old Thread from steam i said exact same thing as you.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/0/666828126686168343/

Edited by SALE94

They should not Buff everyting by any means never said that, in fact they should not buff anyting, if stuff is good from the start/

acceptable for rank and competition in same rank.

why would you buff it.

Edited by SALE94

Let me respond to this by pointing out that they're still working on balanceing the D2.0 system and have said as much. I think it was DE Steve who posted up a laundry list of items that under construction so to speak. Base damages, damage types, effect chances, melee, and resistances are all on the list. They have said as much in at least one of the livestream sessions. At this point, such a proposed system is impossible because literally everything is in a kind of development limbo.

That being said, I do agree that such a system needs to be put into place some time in the future. It would have to be after they hammer out the bugs and balances with the D2.0 system and that may take a while. Posts and such have said that they're trying to get these kinds of balances/rebalances out by u11.5 or so. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we had widespread rebalances in the next larger update... at least for base damages on a lot of guns anyway.

No, having such powerful weapons were a mistake and hence reduced down, not wishing for the power levels to increase from a limited edition shiny. Higher levels are intended to be skill, not toys. Right now just about every gun, rank 0 to rank 7 can be used late game given a amount of lovings depending on their role. Why ruin this and return to what I heard was how 1.0 was, a select few good weapons everything else was trash late end?

Not Trash I never said you could not use Lets say Mastery 2-4 tier same as  6, i said only that the Higher mastery you reach it would include guns that have better starting potential/material, or result that you can reach sooner than with lower mastery weapons (that is fearsome mashine).

That dont mean you could not kill anyting i would hate that, this is more like sorting of guns and their place.

So not numbers, not trilion of dmg.

Btw in damage 1.0 problem  was because  insane armor value,  for every faction mostly not guns by their self

Edited by SALE94

Because of how things were, the more 'powerful' guns were the only ones used. Why? Because those select few did the job much better than anything else not because DE said they were the best to use.

If your tiers are in fact not about the 'best of the best' that the lower tiers cannot match, even when given proper polarities and the same mod dedication.. what are they about then?

Tiers are simply guns in higher/highest tier would have advantage with more polarity slot, not godstomp damage in comparison with others, but still some boost in damage, also they would have less cons and would reach max potential sooner.

More easy too work with, bigest flaw is when you finaly built that weapon that you always though it will be great, and result turns oposite gun is hard too handle..

Edited by SALE94

Look at Penta  for example mastery rank of 6, fun too use and damage as espected it has its flaws, did Penta make Ogris look  bad, in my book no.

That is example of good balanse 2 weapons that are same Tier, i mean both launchers and yet both can be used just as fine, +  both are diferent.

Now lt is little more hard to do the same with Riffles, because there are more of them.

With Shotguns Regular Strun should stay in  the same place,  but Boar Prime should be moved to the mastery 4 or 5  too join with sobek , and yet Brakk and Strun wraith are right now mastery 0 which is absurd.

We cant even think about forming a tier eventualy , if event guns are not included.

We all   maybe agree on that 1 i think, there are more important stuff  too fix before future plans like this.

Melee not included because they will change everyting about it soon.

Edited by SALE94