The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

At what warframe level do you reach a new rank?

RyanH

FYI, this is a feedback forum.

If you look on the "main menu" in the top left you will see the number 1 and a blue bar filling up. When that bar fills up you can take a rank up test to get to rank 2. It's not linked directly to warframe level.

FYI, this is a feedback forum.

If you look on the "main menu" in the top left you will see the number 1 and a blue bar filling up. When that bar fills up you can take a rank up test to get to rank 2. It's not linked directly to warframe level.

Ah, sorry about posting in the wrong forum. Thanks for the quick reply. If a mod sees this, they can delete it.

It's not linked directly to warframe level.

Only that it is.

Every level you gain in a warframe, a long gun, a pistol or a melee weapon gives you "mastery points". Accumulating those, you eventually gain enough to take a Tenno challenge (which is like the finish of the tutorial, and supereasy), and once you are rank two, you can buy all those nifty things.

Well I guess I look at it a bit differently. You could technically have 4 different warframes at level 8 and take the level 2 challenge because you got a bunch of mastery points via leveling the same guns up over and over. The level of your warframe is not directly linked to when you rank up to level 2 because you don't have to hit say Warframe level 25 to get it, but it can contribute to the filling of the bar. If the level of your warframe was directly linked to that then selling your level 20 warframe because you hated it and getting a new level 1 warframe would reverse your progress, etc.

Something like that I guess. I suppose I just see it as another XP bar to be filled :P

Could you agree with this:

If you level up a warframe, you gain mastery points.

If you reach enough mastery points, you level up on your Tenno rank.

Because that'd imply that leveling up a warframe helps you with your Tenno rank. Directly. Not "can contribute", but actually "does contribute". There is no maybe in there. It may not be proportional, but it certainly isn't indirect. Warframe rank contributes towards Tenno rank. Not exclusively, but it certainly does directly do so.