The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Crashes After Switching Tab

Lekkur

Hello everybody,

The Problem:

I have recently started playing Warframe and there is following bug that happen very often, even more so since the hotfix after the Valkyr patch. The issue is, that if I play and switch the window with alt+tab or moving out of the window by being windowed mode the game freezes, stops responding and sometimes even crashes the computer. If I happen to be able to close the program when this happens, I can see that the process of Warframe does not stop and hinders me to reopen the launcher. If I don't try to reopen the program (cause I am that frustrated already) then it still takes up huge amount of RAM memory, at some times rendering my PC effectively useless, means I got to restart the PC which is very annoying.

My hardware:

I don't if any of this helps out figuring out what the problem is but yeah:

I use: Dell XPS Laptop

Intel Core i5-2430M CPU @2.40 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

If any more information about this is needed will add it later.

Solutions outside of bugfix:

It would help me out greatly if the Warframe launcher would include a mechanic that asks if you want to close the old program in case the launcher is already running or if the program got stuck like in my case.

Or if somebody could tell me how to effectively close it besides going into taskmanager into the processes and trying to kill it by pressng the "close down process" button cause it is not working at all.

Thanks for reading this, 

I hope I will get a response soon,

Lekkur