The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Sentinel Idea: Leech

Lavon

I'm probably not gonna get any friction with this idea but I've had this idea for a new sentinel type for a while now. The closest thing we have to an "infested" sentinel seems to be the Djinn (?) but I always thought it would be cool to have a infested themed sentinel that was attached to the character in the upper left should-blade area. The sentinel would take up the same space a normal sentinel would except it would be attached to the character through veins/organic tubes. (pulsating would be awesome :D) The sentinel itself would be more reminiscent of a snake or something slender to that affect, and extends over the shoulder facing forward. I've noticed that so far sentinels are either very utility based, or single enemy focus fire based (both really), but it would be interesting to see this sentinel's main be something similar to the torrid. An organic toxic lob, that has a slight AOE, not to large, and DOT, not to much. Realize I don't want a super OP sentinel just something to this effect that would assist the character and look badass.

Weapon:

Slag: An organ more than a weapon really, Slag lobs a toxic cocktail of chemicals that react with air causing corrosive damage upon direct contact and release a toxic gas in a small aoe surrounding the impact site.

Precepts:

Regurgitate-Leech attacks first visible enemy in range. (AOE is an aftereffect of initial impact/corrosive damage)

Symbiosis-Effectively equivalent to the desecrate ability of Necros on a smaller scale this ability lets Leech feed off the dead bodies of enemies to heal a small portion of the Tenno's health. (15/20/25/30/35:HP) Would need a slight cool down or something to that effect, not sure how much of a pain this would be to make/code/animate. Probably need to make it so it only takes effect if the frame is standing still.

Let me know what you guys think or any additions/subtraction you'd like to see. For me I just want a badass alien growing out of my shoulder, I don't give a damn what it does :D

Edited by Lavon

first skill seems to be the right one for a leech, for the second we have wyrm. 

on the other hand, reading description i imagined a mini lobber crawler attached to the head on its back side slightly to the left spitting its stomach juices... In this line i'd prefer an electric crawler.

If sentinel is attached to frame, it can only attack to one side of frame (it is literally glued to frame), because it wont have the movement of current sentinels.

Don't quite understand what you mean, would you please explain?

Every Sentinel has two Precepts exclusive to it: one that determines its attack style, and one that determines its passive ability. This one has two passive abilities, but no attack pattern. Without an attack precept, this Sentinel will be next to useless.

Every Sentinel has two Precepts exclusive to it: one that determines its attack style, and one that determines its passive ability. This one has two passive abilities, but no attack pattern. Without an attack precept, this Sentinel will be next to useless.

Oh gotcha, didn't understand what he meant by precept. I'll make a quick edit :P

first skill seems to be the right one for a leech, for the second we have wyrm. 

on the other hand, reading description i imagined a mini lobber crawler attached to the head on its back side slightly to the left spitting its stomach juices... In this line i'd prefer an electric crawler.

If sentinel is attached to frame, it can only attack to one side of frame (it is literally glued to frame), because it wont have the movement of current sentinels.

I imagined the sentinel as a flexible protrusion from the frame that could contort and twist to essentially 360 degrees. Rather then resting on the shoulder, I wanted it to take up the same space as the rest of the sentinels (floating top left) except attached to the warframe at the base.

I also edited the precepts for a bit more clarity and removed the cc ability shriek, as we have wyrm for that :D

I imagined the sentinel as a flexible protrusion from the frame that could contort and twist to essentially 360 degrees. Rather then resting on the shoulder, I wanted it to take up the same space as the rest of the sentinels (floating top left) except attached to the warframe at the base.

I also edited the precepts for a bit more clarity and removed the cc ability shriek, as we have wyrm for that :D

So basically it moves like a regular sentinel, but has a jigglebone tendril connecting it to its master's shoulder?

So basically it moves like a regular sentinel, but has a jigglebone tendril connecting it to its master's shoulder?

Well that's one way of putting it haha, I just wanted it to seem parasitic in nature like the infested with a symbiotic attachment to the host. (I realize symbiotic and parasitic aren't exactly interchangeable but..) I think tendril is a good word for it though, kind of like a mix of prototype and The Darkness is what I'm imagining except on a smaller scale and not quite so OP.

Well that's one way of putting it haha, I just wanted it to seem parasitic in nature like the infested with a symbiotic attachment to the host. (I realize symbiotic and parasitic aren't exactly interchangeable but..) I think tendril is a good word for it though, kind of like a mix of prototype and The Darkness is what I'm imagining except on a smaller scale and not quite so OP.

Does this mean the sentinel falls with its owner when the owner dies?

That'd be quite funny to see.

*SPLAT*