The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobile Companion App [Ios/android]

flatloop

I would like to see a companion app that does a bit more than notify you of events.  The current official app for Android (none for iOS that I have found) is well conceived for it's task, but I can see an expansion not only enhancing the in-game activities, but also having it's own obsessive qualities.

My vision started with just a way to manage the Titan Extractors from anywhere.  As I continued to daydream of ways continually interact with the Warframe in-game world, I thought Trading Post interactions from the mobile platform would be awesome as well.  I feel the more ways that the mobile link can effect the in-game experience, the better.

The last part of my mobile app's vision is, IMHO, the most exciting.  An array of mini-games that can effect your resources/mods/credit consumption or collection.  Going back to the Titan Extractors, one mini-game possibility could be a tower-defense game.  Where you are defending your Titan Extractor against oncoming enemies.  The possibilities are endless, and if there is the potential for in-game rewards, the play-ability would be limitless.

You agree though, conceptually, it has merit and potential.  It would be up to DE to find the business model that would work best for them for development. Judging by the job they are doing here, I don't think it would be much of an issue.  I like free as much as the next guy, but I'm also willing to shell out if I think the product is worthy (i.e, Warframe).  Dropping a few bones for a well-rounded companion app, is not out of the question in my mind.

But I digress, my topic isn't about 'real' economics, moreso about ergonomics and how to enhance the Warframe experience in multiple mediums.