Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Way Of Buffing Guns That Would Fit With The Story

Xana_Skullsunder

I'm happy to see that DE is taking a look at guns like the Grakata again, and I'd like to see the trend continue. I'd also like to see more stuff like the infestation outbreaks that make Warframe feel more alive. So, how about this as a combination of those 2 ideas:

- DE looks at weapons, and decides which need buffing (however they do this)

- DE sets up a small (so they can do this whenever they want to buff things) event, with the following context: "Our enemies are researching ways to improve their existing weaponry. We cannot allow this to go unchecked. Assault their testing sites to prevent this." It will, somewhere, say exactly which guns they're trying to improve, so players can contribute to the buffing of guns they actually care about.

- Sufficient success on the resulting Spy/Mobile defense missions will make the buffed version available to all (players that already have the weapon will presumably get it refit according to the newly liberated blueprints).

Possible additions- Perhaps split destroying enemy research and stealing it into 2 different bars, so if it looks like you're going to fail to get the upgrades for yourselves, you can at least deny the enemy the chance to have them. You could also apply this to new weapons- players that do well get the new gun ahead of schedule, for instance.

Thoughts? The execution is a little hazy, I know, but does the concept seem viable?

Instead of some event, how about they just release info ahead of time about what they will change and how. Then we give feedback and they can revision their proposed "buff"?

You know, like it should be done...

There's no saying they won't still do that to some degree, hell even as the majority of the process.

But what about nerfs?

Meh. Not really any way you can work with those, barring some weak excuse about decreased production costs for the faction making the weapon.